Each day is a new life, another chance to get it right. May your dreams of being happy and at peace inspire you, too, to live life to the fullest and to appreciate all the little things too often taken for granted.
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Albert Einstein
I want to live, not just survive. I want to appreciate the life that was given to me, because it’s a gift, not a guarantee.
Today most certainly is the first day of the rest of your life. Every new day begins with possibilities: each morning is a wonderful blessing. Either cloudy or sunny, it stands for hope, giving us another start. We’re given this day, and it’s up to us to make the best of it.We’re blessed with the privilege to live life. Click To Tweet
May your sorrows guide you in learning and accepting who you are. May your joys reconnect you to love’s presence, and your natural ability to create sunshine in the middle of a snowstorm. May you achieve wisdom from experiencing both.
I’ve collected these quotes to remind and help us all live life to the fullest:
- To surround ourselves with positive, nourishing, uplifting people who believe in and accept us;
- To applaud our small victories, because the little things we do every day matter;
- To be true to ourselves and find the courage to follow our hearts;
- To focus less on the anger, anxiety, and fear we carry; and
- To prioritize our capability of loving the present.
May you live a full life. May you have enough.
40 Quotes to Encourage Us to Live Life to the Fullest
Life is too short to live the same day twice.
1. “Today is a brand new day; a day to heal, a day to love, a day to forgive, a day to encourage, a day to start afresh.” – Caroline Naoroji
2. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
3. “You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.” – Louise Smith“Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” – Henry David Thoreau Click To Tweet
5. “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” – Steve Maraboli
6. “If you want to be happy, you have to be happy on purpose. When you wake up, you can’t just wait to see what kind of day you’ll have. You have to decide what kind of day you’ll have.” – Joel Osteen
Life is meant to be loved.
7. “In the end these things matter most: How well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?” – Jack Kornfield, Buddha’s Little Instruction Book
8. “We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, or more deeply engrossed in anything, than when we are at play.” – Charles Schaefer
9. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” – Arthur Rubinstein“Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun’s shining or not.” – Marty Robbins Click To Tweet
11. “Contemplation is life itself, fully awake, fully active, and fully aware that it is alive. It is spiritual wonder. It is spontaneous awe at the sacredness of life, of being. It is gratitude for life, for awareness, and for being. It is vivid realization of the fact that life and being in us proceed from an invisible, transcendent, and infinitely abundant Source.” – Thomas Merton
12. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
13. “Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. Laugh some every day. Keep growing, keep dreaming, keep following your heart. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
14. “Success is loving life and daring to live it.” – Maya Angelou
Follow your own heart.
15. “Follow your heart’s truth with no need for personal gain other than the feeling produced when doing what you truly love.” – Keke Palmer
16. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.” – Oprah Winfrey
17. “Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.” – Unknown
18. “Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.” – Mary Oliver
19. “Living life to the fullest means continually reaching out for newer, richer, deeper, life-changing experiences. It means using those experiences as a means for personal growth and pushing the boundaries of yourself mentally, spiritually, and intellectually for the betterment of yourself and the world at large.” – Zero Dean“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou Click To Tweet
21. “You just have to determine to settle for nothing less than being fully alive, to show up, be who you are, and share your gifts.” – Gabrielle Roth
22. “Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive – the risk to be alive and express what we really are.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
23. “As human beings, we are most fully alive when we are changing and growing and stretching our boundaries in our quest to be all we can be.” – Matthew Kelly
24. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Life is an adventure.
25. “While it is tempting to play it safe, the more we’re willing to risk, the more alive we are. In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took.” – Kelsey Grammer
26. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
27. “Adventure should be part of everyone’s life. It is the whole difference between being fully alive and just existing.” – Holly Morris
28. “To be fully alive, fully human, and completely awake is to be continually thrown out of the nest.” – Pema Chodron“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller Click To Tweet
30. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
31. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
32. “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” – Paulo Coelho
33. “If you really want to live your life to the fullest and realize your greatest potential, you must be willing to run the risk of making some people mad. People may not like what you do, people may not like how you do it, but these people are not living your life. You are!” – Iyanla Vanzant
Be present with your life.
34. “Happiness, not in another place but this place… not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
35. “We are very good at preparing to live, but not very good at living. We know how to sacrifice ten years for a diploma, and we are willing to work very hard to get a job, a car, a house, and so on. But we have difficulty remembering that we are alive in the present moment, the only moment there is for us to be alive.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
36. “Nothing is more precious than being in the present moment. Fully alive, fully aware.” – Thich Nhat Hanh“Live each day as if your life had just begun.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe Click To Tweet
38. “Although time seems to fly by, it never travels faster than one day at a time. Each day is a new opportunity to live your life to the fullest.” – Steve Maraboli
39. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
40. “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” – Mary Oliver
- How can you live life to the fullest today? How can you make the best of today?
- Are there any encouraging thoughts and practices that help you stay positive and focused on what matters?
- What do you love, and what can you do to incorporate more of what you love into your daily life?
Please share your positive thoughts, words of encouragement, helpful insights, what you love, and any experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone who deserves a good life.
As my dad would say: “You have to love every day… like it’s your last.”
Free watercolor texture by Lost and Taken; lettering by Aim Happy.