Some quotes about grace: to open you up to a new level of inspiration and, well, grace. This is also a reminder that we don’t always need to handle everything alone. Grace makes me feel like I’m walking hand-in-hand (especially when I give myself the grace of asking for help). A little space for curiosity doesn’t hurt, either.
Leave room for wonder. Space for curiosity. Surrender for repair. Air for nourishment. Time for play. Silence for awe… Necessities for serendipity.
One of my favorite kinds of serendipity is finding grace where I least expected it.
Grace is not something that’s only doled out to the deserving; grace is given not because we have done something amazing but so that we can do something amazing. Sort of like a miraculous occurrence (the simple kind that is often overlooked), grace can come as a change in perception that lets us see bigger and sweeter realities.
Isn’t a change in the way we see things one of the greatest gifts of grace we could ever accept?
I think so, anyway.
I don’t think any of us are exempt from forgiveness, grace, and compassion. If you think someone is, or if you think you are, I’ll remind you that they/you are not the only one who isn’t a human among a family of humans, held to standards higher than everyone else, meant to be “perfect.”
Whatever the nature of your suffering, I believe you have the courage to let the illusions unravel. Who knows everything, anyway? A little crack in your armor, though painful, might need to happen: that’s how the light gets to grace us where it really counts: the heart.This is the nature of grace: it always meets us where we most need it. We don't need to deserve anything; we only need to accept what is being given. tell a friend
One more personal thought on grace…
When there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the suffering, stay and let things unravel a bit. Don’t turn your back to the shadows; look them right in the eye, even if you can’t see them. Stay open to what you don’t know. Let the illusions and falsehoods—of who you thought you were and what you thought your life was supposed to look like—wear themselves out. Stay a little longer than they do. You might end up finding yourself.
11 Quotes about Grace to Nudge Your Heart Open
1. “I do not at all understand the mystery of grace—only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us.” — Ann Lamotte
2. “Grace fills empty spaces, but it can only enter where there is a void to receive it, and it is grace itself which makes this void.” — Simone Weil, Gravity and Grace
3. “To go from feeling so lost that you feel stolen to feeling found, returned, and planted with the ground underneath your feet—freedom from obsession, guilt, or shame—is a gift beyond understanding.” — Jennifer Williamson“Grace works best on messy people.” — Madyson Grace tell a friend
5. “You are wrapped in endless, boundless grace… There is more to you than yesterday.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
6. “I give grace because I so desperately need it.” — Lysa Terkeurst
7. “Grace will be sufficient for whatever lies ahead.” — Anne Lamott
8. “Grace is the whisper when you’re standing in front of the dark that says, “I can’t make this less scary for you, but I can remind you that you’ve walked through it before.” — Brene Brown“Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.” — Mary Oliver tell a friend
10. “Shame says that because I am flawed, I am unacceptable. Grace says that though I am flawed, I am cherished.” — Michelle Graham
11. “There’s always another level up. There’s always another ascension. More grace, more light, more generosity, more compassion, more to shed, more to grow.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
12. “Grace upon grace upon grace, until we have made our way home.” — T.B. LaBerge
Read these next: quotes about miracles to inspire a shift in perception.
Think about a time when you felt as though you had been given grace when you needed it most. What did that feel like; how did it change things from that moment on?
In the comments below, share your stories, definitions, insights, and moments of grace with me—I’d love to read them!
Send these quotes about grace to a friend… they might meet them right where they need it.
Stay a little longer, until you can see things in a different light—where grace can find you.