Oh, Autumn, how I love thee. Though I have come to enjoy (through practice) the experience of each season, my soul cannot help but rejoice in the crimson and copper earth. Hence – 11 new favorite quotes about autumn and every shade of its grandeur.
Autumn in all its enchantment – there really is nothing else like it.
This seems like the perfect time for transformation and reflection, if there ever was one (even if every time was the perfect time; something about autumn is just… eternally magic).
In all its runic grace, this season in particular reminds me that it is possible to experience both comfort and delight in predictability. It is possible for something that seems so routine to be inwardly felt as a miracle of sorts.
In autumn, we are both marveling at the common and the uncommon in a single glance. We acknowledge routine transition yet we are deeply touched, if we allow ourselves to be, by the wondrousness of life. That very much feels like grace to me.“… and the leaves fell from the trees without regret…” — Author Unknown #autumn tweet this
I chose these quotes about autumn for their descriptions that effortlessly brought me straight into a felt experience of the season.
I can smell autumn in the breeze and hear the sounds of rustling leaves, telling me that it’s time again. Pumpkins and husks tied with jute line the steps. I could revel in this place forever, but nature has her ways, so I will revel in this place for as long as it stays.
11 Quotes about Autumn
1. “This strangely still pause between summer and autumn, greenery and gold, and the heat and rising wind that is once again readying itself to rush it all away in a climactic symphony of color and scent is—in my opinion, one of the best parts about living on earth.” —Victoria Erickson
2. “And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and Autumn was awakened.” — Raquel Franco“If the year was tucked inside of a clock, then Autumn would be the magic hour.” — Victtoria Erickson #autumn #poetry tell a friend
4. “Autumn ain’t so shabby for Wow, either. The colors are broccoli and flame and fox fur. The tang is apples, death, and wood smoke. The rot smells faintly of grapes, of fermentation, of one element being changed alchemically into another, and the air is moist and you sleep under two down comforters in a cold room. The trails are not dusty anymore, and you get to wear your favorite sweaters.” — Anne Lamott, Help, Thanks, Wow
5. “Wild is the music of autumnal winds amongst the faded woods.” — William Wordsworth
6. “Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.” — Faith Baldwin“I notice that Autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” — Friedrich Nietzsche #autumn tell a friend
8. “Autumn keeps a radiance that is all her own.” — Jennifer Williamson
9. “… a distant smell which was a mixture of the dried leaves on the ground and the smoke from the chimneys and the sweet ripe apples…” — Arlene Stafford Wilson“October is about trees revealing colors they’ve hidden all year. People have an October as well.” — Jm Storm #autumn tweet this
11. “The chilled air smelled of woodsmoke, of distances and passing time. Frost glimmered on the morning fields. Crows called across the pewter afternoons.” — James Carlos Blake
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!