We can experience miracles in otherwise ordinary moments… all that’s required of us is that we be willing to change our mind. These quotes about miracles will inspire you to reconsider what you call ordinary, and to expect powerful change through subtle shifts.
“Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
When it comes to experiencing a miracle, expecting it is key. This is not a forceful expectation of the ego, focused on the outcome, but a natural tendency of your inner light, a direct response to your preference for peace instead of chaos.
A miracle, as taught by the metaphysical text A Course in Miracles, is a shift in perception from fear to love. When we release the need to respond to fear with more fear (judgment with judgment, offense with defense, darkness with negativity), we can embrace another possibility: a loving avenue opens up. This is our miracle.
Miracles are direct reflections of where we have chosen to put our faith: in love. This shift from fear (which is so common in this world) to love (which must be brought to this world) is a miracle. It’s proof that faith in the invisible is the energy that heals what we see.
These quotes about miracles speak to the invisible realm which pervades the universe as well as our internal world. There is more space than there is not space. When we tap into our inner space, we remember that we’re connected with everything.
The recognition that we are connected with everything, that we are actually only one, is both the catalyst for a miracle, and a miracle itself.
31 Inspiring Quotes about Miracles
1. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein
2. “’Nature’ is another name for the miracles that are so commonplace in our lives that we take for granted and have grown used to seeing them.” ― Shalom Arush,
3. “All is miracle. The stupendous order of nature, the revolution of a hundred million of worlds around a million of suns, the activity of light, the life of animals, all are grand and perpetual miracles.” ― Volatire
5. “All change is a miracle to contemplate; but it is a miracle which is taking place every second.” ― Henry David Thoreau
6. “A miracle is nothing more or less than this. Anyone who has come into a knowledge of his or her true identity, of one’s oneness with the all-pervading wisdom and power, this makes it possible for laws higher than the ordinary mind knows of to be revealed to him or her.” ― Ralph Waldo Trine
7. “Miracles are merely the translation of denial into truth.” ― A Course In Miracles
8. “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” ― Jon Bon Jovi
10. “Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing.” ― Wayne Dyer
11. “In asking for miracles, we are seeking a practical goal: a return to inner peace. We’re not asking for something outside us to change, but for something inside us to change.” ― Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles”
12. “Your transformation will be the miracle.” ― Holly Lynn Payne,
13. “The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth, dwelling deeply in the present moment and feeling truly alive.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
15. “What is a miracle if not the manifestation of light where darkness is expected?” ― Leigh Ann Henion,
16. “Miracles, in the sense of phenomena we cannot explain, surround us on every hand: life itself is the miracle of miracles.” ― George Bernard Shaw
17. “Explaining a miracle doesn’t make it any less of a miracle.” ― Athan Fletcher,
19. “No gasp at a miracle that is truly miraculous because the magic lies in the fact that you knew it was there for you all along.” ― Toni Morrison
20. “The miracle teaches you that you have chosen guiltlessness, freedom and joy. It is not a cause, but an effect. It is the natural result of choosing right, attesting to your happiness that comes from choosing to be free of guilt.” ― A Course In Miracles
21. “To be alive, to be able to see, to walk… it’s all a miracle. I have adopted the technique of living life from miracle to miracle.” ― Artur Rubinstein
22. “I am not embarrassed to tell you that I believe in miracles.” ― Corazon Aquino
23. “The person who does not believe in miracles surely makes it certain that he or she will never take part in one.” ― William Blake
25. “The way of the miracle-worker is to see all human behavior as one of two things: either love, or a call for love.” – Marianne Williamson
26. “But I think my mistakes became the chemistry for my miracles. I think that my tests became my testimonies.” ― T. D. Jakes
27. “Gratitude for the seemingly insignificant—a seed—this plants the giant miracle.” ― Ann Voskamp,
28. “To be a miracle worker you do not have to get a doctoral degree, become a minister, eat a particular food, or be able to meditate for long hours. All you need to do is to begin to see beauty in your life and those around you.” ― Alan Cohen
30. “Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.” ― Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles”
31. “Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn’t conceive of a miracle if none had ever happened.” ― Libbie Fudim
- Can you let go of how you think things should be, and just experience them as they are?
- Are you willing to change your mind about what you know for sure?
- Can you think of a time when a shift in perception really felt like a miracle?
- When has a miracle, a moment, changed the way you experienced everything?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes about miracles, helpful insights, lessons learned, and any miraculous (even though they might be seemingly ordinary) stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about miracles with someone who would appreciate them.
Maybe there’s no magic at all in experiencing miracles; maybe it’s the most natural thing…