If we want to live a great life, we’ve got to take risks. Through change, progress can be made and space is created for better things to enter our lives. These quotes about change focus on the positive possibilities that await.
“In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” – Deepak Chopra
There’s a place inside of you that is changeless, and this is where peace lives. This is what you must remember when the outside world is in constant flux. And always remember this: Everything around you that you experience can be changed; your experiences can be altered. You can mold your reality by changing your mind about it.The world is our mirror. What we see outside is a reflection of what's often hidden inside. Click To Tweet
The greatest artists, entrepreneurs, and leaders have risked failure. Not only that, but these great men and women believe “failure” is indeed a powerful learning opportunity that springs them further along the path of success.
Holding this perspective, it’s easier to recall the steadfast light within and to plunge into change with greater trust that we will be okay no matter what.
Mistakes are only lessons if we choose to learn from them.
Always be willing to learn something new, because life does not stop. We’re meant to always keep growing, expanding, and evolving into who we always were, and the way to do that with more grace is to embrace new beginnings, at least for the sake of curiosity.
Here’s my handpicked collection of quotes about change to inspire you to embrace the journey, potholes included.
35 Quotes about Change So We Can Better Embrace Beginnings, Endings, and New Beginnings
1. “How can you know what you’re capable of if you don’t embrace the unknown?” – Esmeralda Santiago
2. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
3. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” – Deepak Chopra Click To Tweet
5. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol
6. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
7. “The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
8. “Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.” – Bikram Choudhury
10. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
11. “You’re always you, and that don’t change, and you’re always changing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Neil Gaiman
12. “Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
13. “The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.” – Oliver W HolmesChange your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale Click To Tweet
15. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
16. “I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.” – Aldous Huxley
17. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli“When in doubt, choose change.” – Lily Leung Click To Tweet
19. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C.S. Lewis
20. “The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.” – Charles Kettering
21. “Change means that what was before wasn’t perfect. People want things to be better.” – Esther Dyson
22. “I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.” – Georg C. Lichtenberg“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe Click To Tweet
24. “The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.” – Nathaniel Branden
25. “If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.” – Mahatma Gandhi
26. “Really it comes down to your philosophy. Do you want to play it safe and be good or do you want to take a chance and be great?” – Jimmy J
27. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan WattsChange is inevitable. Progress is optional. – Tony Robbins Click To Tweet
29. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
30. “If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves.” – Carl Jung
31. “Growth and change may be painful sometimes, but nothing in life is as painful as staying stuck where you don’t belong.” – Unknown
32. “If you want to make a permanent change, stop focusing on the size of your problems and start focusing on the size of you!” – T. Harv EkerIf you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished? – Rumi Click To Tweet
34. “If you’re gonna make a change, you’re gonna have to operate from a new belief that says life happens not to me but for me.” – Tony Robbins
35. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
- When has letting go of emotional weight freed you to live more joyfully?
- What lessons are you thankful for learning on your journey?
- Are you willing to embrace new beginnings instead of focusing on the endings?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes about change, precious lessons, helpful insights, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about change with someone who might appreciate the message.
Change begins with you. BE the change.