Spending quality time with Mother Nature feeds our creativity, washes our spirit clean, and nurtures the mind, body, and soul. These nature quotes are some of my favorite reminders of the beauty that’s all around us.
“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
Being in nature is not only a form of stress relief, but wildness is a necessity. Going into the forest is home. Rivers and streams and waterfalls and lakes are the fountains of life. The blue water, the green field, the brown dirt, and the yellow flower are testaments to the simple miracle of being alive.
Nature gives us so much to enjoy and to express gratitude for. If we’re just willing to see past the drama and trauma of the mortal world, we can see through to the beauty that’s everywhere still, and in this moment recognize it in eternity.
There’s so much to see, to hear, to smell, to feel beneath our feet, to touch with our hands, to imagine with our minds, and to love with our entire being. So many walk through life blind to the stunning magnificence of our existence here in the way we are, but we can open our eyes again to what we might see.
We’re not responsible for what we see in the world, but for how we perceive it. Choosing to see the light and to see the love that fuels all life, we’re transported into a world where peace is natural. Everything changes when we change.
20 Nature Quotes to Refresh Your Spirit
1. “Nature has a great simplicity and therefore a great beauty.” – Richard Feynman
2. “The poetry of earth is never dead.” – John Keats
3. “A lake is a landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth’s eye: looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
5. “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” – Rabindranath Tagore
6. “If you truly love Nature, you’ll find beauty everywhere.” – Van Gogh
7. “Nature is an infinite sphere whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere.” – Blaise Pascal
9. “There is no better designer than nature.” – Alexander McQueen
10. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
11. “To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” – William Shakespeare
14. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
15. “Hills are always more beautiful than stone buildings.” – Walking Buffalo
16. “The wildness is the preservation of the world.” – Henry David Thoreau
18. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Nature puts no question and answers none which we mortals ask. She has long ago taken her resolution.” – Henry David Thoreau
20. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
- Which nature quotes did you enjoy the most?
- What do you love about being in nature?
- Where do you feel most at home?
Please share your thoughts, any favorite nature quotes, any why you love nature with me in the comments.
Share these nature quotes with someone who might enjoy them.
As Henry David Thoreau suggested, “Pursue some path however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.”