Whether or not you’ve read the highly-praised book, these The Alchemist quotes will serve as a powerful reminder to follow your path by listening to your heart.
“We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
The Alchemist, the masterpiece from best-selling novelist Paulo Coelho, delivers many brilliant and inspiring messages to its reader. It is a tale of love and adventure, despair and possibilities. This timeless story continues to prove its relevance to a wide range of readership.
One of the (many) empowering messages in the story that spoke to me was this: Do see the marvels of world, stay present of what’s right in front of you, and remember that the answers lie within you.
When we find our path, we must not be afraid, but we must have courage to make mistakes, for disappointment and defeat are the tools that will show us the way.
We must become quiet enough to hear what our heart tells us, for our heart will guide us to our treasure and through the lessons of our journey there.
May the following The Alchemist quotes inspire to you live a life that feels like your own, and maybe even pick up a copy of the book.
30 The Alchemist Quotes Worth Reading Again and Again
1. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – The Alchemist
2. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – The Alchemist
3. “Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.” – The Alchemist
4. “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself, and no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams.” – The Alchemist
6. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – The Alchemist
7. “When you possess great treasures within you, and you try to tell others of them, seldom are you believed.” – The Alchemist
8. “You will never be able to escape your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say.” – The Alchemist
9. “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – The Alchemist
11. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” – The Alchemist
12. “Before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we’ve learned as we’ve moved toward that dream. That’s the point at which most people give up.” – The Alchemist
13. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – The Alchemist
14. “If I can learn to understand this language without words, I can learn to understand the world.” – The Alchemist
16. “At a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatest lie.” – The Alchemist
17. “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.” – The Alchemist
18. “No one should feel afraid of the unknown, because everyone is capable of achieving everything he wants and needs.” – The Alchemist
19. “When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.” – The Alchemist
21. “I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.” – The Alchemist
22. “A grain of sand is a moment of creation, and the universe has taken millions of years to create it.” – The Alchemist
23. “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” – The Alchemist
24. “Ever since time began, people have recognized their true love by the light in their eyes.” – The Alchemist
26. “Listen to your heart. It knows all things, because it came from the Soul of the World, and it will one day return there.” – The Alchemist
27. “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure. You’ve got to find the treasure, so that everything you have learned along the way can make sense.” – The Alchemist
28. “There is only one way to learn. It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.” – The Alchemist
29. “I’m proud of the scars in my soul. They remind me that I have an intense life.” – The Alchemist
20. “I’m like everyone else — I see the world in terms of what I would like to see happen, not what actually does.” – The Alchemist
- Are you familiar with The Alchemist, or any of Paulo Coelho’s other works?
- Which of these quotes really inspired you today?
- What messages move you?
Please share your thoughts, your favorite The Alchemist quotes, and any relevant lessons or experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone who might enjoy them.
“Listen to your heart. It knows everything.”
Free watercolor texture by Lost and Taken; lettering by Aim Happy.