You are worthy, and I am worthy, but that’s a hard truth to swallow when we make mistakes, don’t reach goals, get lost in comparison, and believe the negative things we think. May I remind us both that human beings are built for progress, not perfection? (Let’s just leave perfection out of this.) For those times when you could use an extra dose of positive energy and reassurance, surround yourself with these quotes. They’re honey for the heart.
“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” — e. e. cummings
You have such a great gift to give to the world that no one else can give: yourself. That is the foundation for all other gifts you have to offer. Honoring that allows you to be free of small thinking because you’re curious about what’s on the other side.
I’m extending an invitation your way: risk curiosity. Wonder about who you can be. But first, be whatever you are.
Life is a journey, and so are you.The day you begin to make the greatest impact on the world is the day you show up for yourself, as yourself. tell someone
Offering yourself the chance to be what you are, and the space to contemplate the gifts you have to share opens your heart in a way that can transform your life. You give yourself permission to explore your potential to create, and to create with greater ease and joy. You start sending out new signals, casting your net wider.
This kind of curiosity accepts what is here and extends beyond what we can see. It’s one way we grow resilient, which embodies the belief that obstacles and imperfections are not meant to hold us back.
Strength doesn’t come from freedom from internal struggle. Strength is born during the time of struggle; it builds up every time we fall. It’s validated every time we stand by our own side, in our own worth, affirming that we can do the things we once thought we couldn’t. Then, we practice how strong we can be, and we do the things.
Whenever you forget about your own worth and potential, blanket yourself with affirmations of how capable and resilient you truly are. You are worthy and much more than the thoughts that have kept you small. You are here, and that in itself is the one gift you need in order to discover all the gifts buried within you.
15 Powerful Quotes That Affirm That You Are Worthy
1. “Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused.” – Alan Cohen
2. “You’ll have moments when you feel like a lion, and moments when you feel like a mouse. Just know that no matter how you feel, you still have a heartbeat and a soul worthy of love, so learn to roar even when you feel small, because you are more than the feelings you may have.” — T.B. LaBerge
3. “You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are.” — Max Lucado“Choose, everyday to forgive yourself. You are human, flawed, and most of all worthy of love.” — Alison Malee tell a friend
5. “Be confused, it’s where you begin to learn new things. Be broken, it’s where you begin to heal. Be frustrated, it’s where you start to make more authentic decisions. Be sad, because if we are brave enough we can hear our heart’s wisdom through it. Be whatever you are right now. No more hiding. You are worthy, always.” — S.C. Lourie
6. “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” — Brené Brown
7. “Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them. You are strong and you are brave. There is a nobility of spirit within you. Let it grow.” — Chareos, to Kiall, Quest For Lost Heroes, by David Gemmel“The only thing between you and big love is your belief in your worthiness of it.” — Kristin Lohr tweet this
9. “Happiness turned to me and said — ‘It is time. It is time to forgive yourself for all of the things you did not become. It is time to exonerate yourself for all of the people you couldn’t save, for all of the fragile hearts you fumbled with in the dark of your confusion. It is time, child, to accept that you do not have to be who you were a year ago, that you dod not have to want the same things. Above all else, it is time to believe, with reckless abandon, that you are worthy of me, for I have been waiting for years.” — Bianca Sparacino
10. “Everything in the universe wants to be loved and accepted. Our personal work is to find the love and acceptance within ourselves.” — Shakti Gawain
11. “If you want to improve your self-worthy, stop giving other people the calculator.” — Tim Fargo“My highest ambition is to crawl out from under the ash and laugh at all the things that thought they could bury me.” — Rudy Francisco tell the world
13. “Worthy now. Not if. Not when. We are worthy of love and belonging now. Right this minute. As is.” — Brené Brown
14. “I forgive myself for having believed for so long that I was never good enough to have, get and be what I wanted.” – Ceanne DeRohan
15. “I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and that is the beginning of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald (maybe, say that about yourself)
Is there something you made it through, something you did, that you thought you never could?
If you could offer one piece of compassionate self-worth advice to someone today, what would you say?
Please share your favorite quotes, self-loving practices or insights, and any stories of transformation with me in the comments.
Don’t leave before you tell someone how worthy they are; send them these quotes and sign off with love.
Make love your gift to the world.