Working from home sounds just as wonderful as it is challenging—and that doesn’t make the real thing any less wonderful. The challenges are just different than what we’d encounter in a typical day job working for someone else. If you’re like me and are attempting to strike a sustainable balance between career and everything else, these working from home quotes will remind you of the light inside that started it all.
Alice: “This is impossible.” The Mad Hatter: “Only if you believe it is.” — Alice in Wonderland, 2010
My overarching goal is to make a positive impact helping to unearth the joy in the healing process, and if I can make an honest income doing something I love that helps other people, then why wouldn’t I try? Why wouldn’t you try? Not an easy feat, but a worthwhile mission. That’s what led me to today’s working from home quotes.
Lately, I’ve been making good use of my peppermint essential oil and coffee shop app (for productivity purposes). The quality of my atmosphere has been crucial to the quality and quantity of output. Still, certain weeks call for a little more motivation than I usually require. If you’re wondering, this was one of those weeks.
I’ve been needing an extra shot of joy in my coffee mug, so I did a little hunting and gathering and found my favorite working from home quotes to fend off the fatigue and revitalize my spirit. I’m motivated by why I started working from home in the first place; it reminds me why I’d like to keep going.
It’s not always easy to go for your dreams in a world full of distractions, though.
The distractions are what get (to) me, though I try not to let them get a good grip on my attitude. I struggle. I find solutions and stay on track with my goals, and then something comes up. Relationships are important. Sleep is nourishment. Sometimes, we get sick. If we don’t account for the space life requires and, sometimes, demands, then we’ll be too frazzled to do the work we came here to do, and doubt will flood our system. That’s my story, at least.
Thankfully, distraction and doubt is only part of the story.
When we keep our “why” front and center—the reason we started and the reason we’ll continue—distraction has less opportunity to get out of control and doubt has less room to control us. Knowing our overarching goal, our underlying mission, and ultimately why we’re doing what we’re doing, we are more likely to retain our sense of hope and enthusiasm, come what may.
Still, there are times when we need a tad more motivation than usual. I get that, so here’s a mishmash of working from home quotes to help you get back into the optimistic mindset that got you started, whatever your “why” and no matter what your dream entails.
20 Working from Home Quotes to Revv Your Energy & Inspire What Matters
1. “I know how it looks. But just start. Nothing is insurmountable.” — Lin-Manuel Miranda
2. “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” — Walt Disney
3. “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” — Elon Musk
4. “I fear failure, but I won’t let it stop me. Sometimes you just got to do it or else it just doesn’t happen.” — Mark Cuban“I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as making a ‘life.’” — Maya Angelou Click To Tweet
6. “If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.” — Henry David Thoreau
7. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” — Farrah Gray
8. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton
9. “If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing well. Whatever you’re called to do, whatever is right in front of you, do it with all you’ve got.” — Unknown
10. “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.” — Maya Mendoza“The more you believe in your own ability to succeed, the more likely it is that you will.” — Shawn Achor Click To Tweet
12. “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” — Beyonce
13. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” — Maya Angelou
14. “Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” — J.K. Rowling
15. “Impossible is just a word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” — Muhammed Ali
16. “The more decisions that you are forced to make alone, the more you are aware of your freedom to choose.” — Thornton Wilder“It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” — Tony Robbins Click To Tweet
18. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” — Arianna Huffington
19. “Success comes to those who work just as hard on the days they don’t feel like doing anything as the days they do.” — Unknown
20. “Don’t downgrade your dream just to match your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.” — Stuart Scott
By the way, while I was searching for the perfect working from home quotes for today’s post, I came across this awesome store sign with business hours that anyone who works for themselves could totally relate to.
Please share your favorite working from home quotes, how you stay motivated, and any advice or success stories with me in the comments.
Let someone know that you’d like them to keep going for what they love; share these quotes with them (they might really need a pick-me-up today).
Remember why you started. Write it down on a post-it note if you have to. Then be proud that you’re willing to show up over and over again.