If you meditate on the things you can control (and your list will likely be different from mine), then you’ll naturally feel more in control. Feel more in control, and you will radiate confidence and courage out into the universe. And the universe is listening…
“We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them.” — William Arthur Ward
There are many schools of thought on what we can and cannot control—thoughts themselves, even, and especially. I didn’t put this list together to tell you what’s true for you, but to simply empower you to prioritize what you can do.
In one of my recent coaching sessions, my coach (she is great, by the way) asked me to think about one thought that I could think that would improve my life in a myriad of ways. I came up with this: “I am powerful.”
For me, honoring my innate power entails:
- Trusting in my ability to create what I’ve never created before.
- Accepting that, yes, I actually can be successful in ways that would change my life.
- Saying “no” to things I’ve never been able to say no to before because of fear, insecurity, or doubt.
We talked about how when people are coming to be in your presence, they don’t want the small version of you—that’s not inspiring. They want to feel your power so that they can be reminded of their own.
When you stand in your authentic power and radiate courage, you are telling everyone else that it’s possible for them too. Why not root for each other, then?
I think we’re all powerful beings—mind, body, spirit. We can create what’s never been created before. We can figure things out. We can learn how to do things we’ve never done and say things we’ve never said.
There are a lot of things we can’t control, but there are some vital components of our lives that we can take the reigns on. This is what I came up with.
19 Things You Can Control Because You’re a Powerful Being
1. The questions you ask.
2. How often you listen to your intuition.
3. How devoted you are to standing in your own presence.
4. Whether you perceive others’ success as a threat or an indication of your own potential.
5. The amount of courage you’re willing to practice.“The one thing you can control is how you treat yourself. And that one thing can change everything.” — Leeana Tankersley tell a friend
6. How mindful you are of your breathing.
7. Whether you value progress over perfection and effort over outcome.
8. How often you say “no” to what isn’t a “hell yes.”
10. If you practice accepting, appreciating, and loving yourself.
11. Whether or not you’re willing to forgive (even if you can’t yet).
12. How much power you place in the comeback.
13. Whether or not you believe in miracles.
14. How much you value your own happiness.“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful — that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe affirm it
15. How you define happiness, peace, and love.
16. What you prioritize.
17. How willing you are to understanding another point of view.
18. How genuine you are with your gratitude.
19. How you treat others.
Read this next: my “things to stop doing” list..
This is my own “note to self” kind of list. I’m curious:
What’s on your list of things you can control?
I’d love to know! Share pieces of your list and power with me in the comments.
Empower a friend by sending them this list.
Prioritize what you CAN do today.