Sit with your discomfort, and you’ll see what lies underneath those uncomfortable feelings. Every emotion is a guide, pointing you to self-discovery and the kind of life you want to be living. When good things are falling apart, and you need a little more light, consider what healing lies above and beyond the immediate and obvious pain; there’s probably more available to you than you know.
“The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence. We were born to live my dear, not to merely exist.” — Becca Lee
I finally started to walk the healing path when I stopped resisting the prospect of losing and started focusing on what I had to gain. Basically, focusing on what good might come out of the pain (and staying with that vision) ushered me into solutions.
When you say yes to healing, healing is presented to you in all manner of ways, many which have previously escaped your imagination. That can oftentimes show up as chaos, confusion, and a big mess, which reminds me…All great change is preceded by chaos. — Deepak Chopra Click To Tweet
Not all positive changes feel very positive in the beginning, and they usually feel pretty hectic in the middle. This is just how change seems to work best: even it can’t stand to stay the same.
Here are some thoughts I think are worthy of your consideration, when everything feels like it’s falling apart and the problem feels stronger than the solution.
When Things Are Falling Apart, Consider This:
1. Sometimes our lives have to be completely shaken up, changed, and rearranged to relocate us to the place we’ve always wanted to be.
2. When something shatters, we’re left looking at the broken pieces—we can see how each small piece played a part in the wholeness of the bigger picture. Will we focus on the fall, looking at all the broken pieces in despair or disdain, or will we walk toward the newly opened door—will we pick up the pieces we’d like to keep, one at a time, and make a new picture?
3. Sometimes things fall apart so that we’ll finally step back and look at the fear, rather than continue to live in it, absorbed by it, believing in the problem. Awareness of our resistance (to living a better life) nudges us higher; we transcend that fear and come to know how much power we hold in our own lives.When we witness the fear and we're willing to see it differently, we invite the solution. Click To Tweet
5. In the absence of resistance, you become a magnet for what you desire and what is truly of service to you. So, when you’re looking out at the mess in your life, contemplating how everything feels overwhelming and how you feel broken, ask yourself, “How can I soften my resistance to all this, and see with new eyes?”
6. Things may not be working as well as they once did, but we did not come into this world to sit back and watch the world “go by.” You are here to do something, to make choices, to learn what you want and don’t want, to have preferences and experiences, and this all means that things will change, constantly, in response to the evolution of your desires.
7. Perhaps things are falling apart so that you can discover a new, life-altering perspective. You don’t know what you don’t know, and there’s only one way to learn: live.Messy situations are often indicators that we're facing positive change; how we live now matters. Click To Tweet
9. When things crumble around us, it’s another chance to look at the foundation we’ve built for ourselves. Is there something crucial missing from your structure—deep compassion, real connection, authentic expression? What might you be able to build now, from the ground up, to be stronger than it’s ever been?
10. It might be cliche (and so what if it is), but you’re learning how to grow in all the places you never thought you would. You need the dirt and the darkness to find out what it means to be in the light.
11. Before you try to put everything back together again, what if you resolved not to do it all by yourself?Even if it's a second of serenity, be still there and breathe it in. Click To Tweet
13. Create something. Create anything. Get into the space of creation, and you’ll come into the space of loving, for you cannot create and destroy at the same time. Creation is your birthright, your bloodline, your destiny, your salvation, your contribution.
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!