Nature’s source of renewal is endless. Since this is a season where we can easily feel the warmth of the sun on our skin and the hope of new growth before us, these spring quotes felt like appropriate nourishment of what’s possible from here. No matter what season we’re in, it helps to remember that this phase is best when appreciated, richest when enjoyed. It is one step in a voyage.
“Find your place on the planet. Dig in, and take responsibility from there.” — Gary Snyder
We had our first glimpse of springtime here in New England just about one month ago. Surprised by a two-day heatwave in the middle of February, I remembered how I had forgotten that other seasons existed.
What a beautiful gift the changing seasons are, in terms of the weather and in life. We’re truly never stuck anywhere for longer than nature intends.
Still, isn’t it easy to forget, especially when we feel like we’re in a rut or the world is barren and cold, about the changes that inevitably come?
Yes, we may be meant to dig into the current season of our lives, yet we needn’t feel like we’re in a hole too deep. Where we stand now is the place to be standing in order to do what we’re to do—it’s always from here that we find our place on the planet. It’s this moment in time that we’re to tend the seeds of potential.
Nature is rich in her blessings, full in her lessons; she promises everything all at once, whether barren trees or green foliage. Her gifts abound, both mighty and patient. We’d never finish learning all the ways we could be in accordance with nature, even if we studied her for as long as we lived.
We, too, can learn how to wait with patience and not without purpose. To appreciate the season we’re in without needing it to change before it’s due time. To dig in, and take responsibility from here.
In honor of the richness of the seasons, and the beauty that abounds, whatever form it takes and whatever mindset we carry, here are 23 spring quotes meant for your enjoyment and contemplation.
How can you be in accordance with nature this time around?
23 Spring Quotes to Awaken Newfound Purpose & Possibility
1. “There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature—the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” — Rachel Carson
2. “As age comes on, one source of enjoyment after another is closed, but nature’s sources never fail.” — John Muir
3. “The heart is like a garden. It can grow compassion or fear, resentment or love. What seeds will you plant there?” — Jack Kornfield“It’s hard not to stand in awe and enchantment with the beauty in which nature expresses herself.” — Steve Maraboli Click To Tweet
5. “In its complexity and sensuality, nature invites exploration, direct contact, and experience. But it also inspires a sense of awe, a glimpse of what is still “un- Googleable” . . . life’s mystery and magnitude.” ― Kim John Payne, Simplicity Parenting
6. “Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own; and from morning to night, as from the cradle to the grave, is but a succession of changes so gentle and easy that we can scarcely mark their progress.” — Charles Dickens
7. “All the buried seeds crack open in the dark the instant they surrender to a process they can’t see.” — Mark Nepo“I sit before flowers hoping they will train me in the art of opening up.” — Shane Koyczan Click To Tweet
9. “We lose a great deal, I think, when we lose this sense and feeling for the sun. When all has been said, the adventure of the sun is the great natural drama by which we live, and not to have joy in it and awe of it, not to share in it, is to close a dull door on nature’s sustaining and poetic spirit.” — Henry Beston, The Outermost House
10. “If we had no winter the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” — Anne Bradstreet, Meditations Divine and Moral
11. “… gardens are not made By singing:—‘Oh, how beautiful!’ and sitting in the shade.” — Rudyard Kipling, “The Glory of the Garden” (1911)
12. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” — Audrey Hepburn“No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere.” — Sheryl Crow Click To Tweet
14. “One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon — instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.” — Dale Carnegie
15. “Spring: the music of open windows.” — Terri Guillemets
16. “My passion for gardening may strike some as selfish, or merely an act of resignation in the face of overwhelming problems that beset the world. It is neither. I have found that each garden is just what Voltaire proposed in Candide: a microcosm of a just and beautiful society.” — Andrew Weil“How lovely the silence of growing things.” — Unknown Author Click To Tweet
18. “It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” — Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
19. “Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn.” — Lewis Grizzard
20. “That is one good thing about this world… there are always sure to be more springs.” — L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea“An optimist is the human personification of spring.” — Susan J. Bissonette Click To Tweet
22. “‘Is the spring coming’ he said. ‘What is it like?’ … ‘It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine, and things pushing up and working under the earth…’” — Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
23. “Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring — that delicious commingling of the perfume of arbutus, the odor of pines, and the snow-soaked soil just warming into life” — Neltje Blanchan
You may enjoy these lotus flower quotes.
What changes are you looking forward to?
What’s one way you can appreciate and enjoy this season more fully?
Share your favorite spring quotes, what you love most about this time of year, what you appreciate and are looking forward to, and any stories of renewed hope with me in the comments.
Send a ray of sunshine to a friend today and share these spring quotes with them.
Remind someone how beautiful change can be.