Real love is unconditional love. There is no exception to this truth. In reality, the truth has no opposite, though the kind of reality most people experience in this world says otherwise. Whatever the experience happens to be, these real love quotes are for you because they apply to everything, everywhere, and to everyone.
Love is enough and always leads to love, because it is everything.
We can deny the truth, walk away from it, or dismiss it altogether, yet it’s still the truth. Truth has no opposite. Love has no opposite, truly. Life has no opposite (if death is the opposite of birth, then what’s the opposite of life?). Then again, this is just the way I see it. It’s my truth, it makes sense even while it doesn’t always make sense; it’s that feeling that’s deeper than a feeling.
Even though we might say fear is the opposite of love, fear is really just the call for love where it has been forgotten. Thankfully, we can remember.
Let this gathering of real love quotes serve as a gentle reminder of truth. Practice becoming a reflection of what you’d like to receive, instead of waiting for the other person to show up and fulfill that need. If you want love, ask yourself how you can give love. If you want truth, learn how to be the truest version of yourself.
Of course, when we start giving the very thing that’s missing in any relationship or situation, the favor may not be returned, at least not at first. This is because our gift is not a favor to be returned; it is a gift, a shared experience of life, a passing along of life’s energy. We do our part.Real love is remembered when our gifts forget to expect something in return. Click To Tweet
We give because that’s the only true way to see our reflections of love return to us, but how do we give without expecting to receive as if we’re being compensated for our gifts? It seems like a paradox, a great balancing act.
Our intention is to get to the heart of the truth, which is where real love resides. We want to live in that heartbeat, that constant ebb and flow of life energy that gives and receives simultaneously and without question. That’s where we feel most alive, hopeful, and happy.
Hope actually dissolves into present-moment appreciation; we have hope, and it’s a beautiful thing in itself, but not because we’re looking to the future or anywhere else for joy. We have started to be an offering of that joy ourselves. We’re swimming in a current that carries us.
We open ourselves up to the flow of life instead of cutting ourselves off. We receive without expecting, but we expect to receive what we need, always, because we trust that this divine flow is always supplying us with what we need. We are in the ebb and flow, not apart—not here with our hands open to take, but with our hands ready to help.We receive the blessings of giving when we give without conditions. Click To Tweet
We don’t find abundance in others, but we find it in our relationships when we view our relationships with a whole, new perspective: a loving perspective. This is the view that alters it all. Every connection becomes sacred ground, in a way, a chance to be lived by life.
20 Real Love Quotes That Illuminate the Truth of What Life Is All About
1. “Unconditional love says, ‘I’m going to love because I am a lover, not because you are lovable.’” — Abraham-Hicks
2. “The only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” — Tony Robbins
3. “When we love more than we’ll ever get back, all we’ll know is love.” — Jennifer Williamson“Real love begins where nothing is expected in return.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery Click To Tweet
5. “When our minds move in harmony with love—through forgiveness or prayer or the simplest tender thought—then mountains move and the universe shifts.” — Marianne Williamson
6. “The greatest single cause of poor self image is the absence of unconditional love.” — Zig Ziglar
7. “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally without expecting anything in return.” — Madonna“Love in such a way that the person you love feels free.” — Thich Nhat Hanh Click To Tweet
9. “The only way love can last a lifetime is if it is unconditional.” — Stephen Kendrick
10. “If it’s not making you better, it isn’t love. True love makes you more of who you are, not less.” — Mandy Hale
11. “People grow when they are loved well. If you want to help others heal, love them without an agenda.” — Mike McHargue
12. “Go and love someone exactly as they are. And then watch how quickly they transform into the greatest, truest version of themselves. When one feels seen and appreciated in their own essence, one is instantly empowered.” — Wes Angelozzi“There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.” — George Sand Click To Tweet
14. “To love a person is to see all of their magic, and to remind them of it when they have forgotten.” — Unknown
15. “Real love is the only kind of love. Restrained love, conditional love, painful love, lost love—these represent a great illusion. Love doesn’t break your heart; the ego paints pictures of love that are never strong enough to withstand the truth. If we can stand the shattered ‘shoulds’ that pollute our mind and define our relationships, we’ll witness the demise of the old world.” — Jennifer Williamson
16. “Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negations, we are indeed in Heaven.” — Rumi“Unconditional love is being connected to Source in spite of conditions.” — Abraham-Hicks Click To Tweet
18. “Do not chase love, Choose love. Do not need love, Share love. Do not fear love, Embrace love. Do not seek love, Become love.” — Creig Crippen
19. “I can say with great certainty and absolute honesty that I did not know what love was until I knew what love was not.” — P.T. Berkey
20. “My faith for a better future is in the people who are turning the idea of unconditional love into a way of life.” — Yung Pueblo
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
Become an offering of love, yourself; pass along these real love quotes with someone you care about.
Imagine what kind of world you would live in if all you knew was love.