If we open our hearts to magic, then we can be open to all of the subtle awesome beauty of this world. This is why I wanted to share these quotes about magic with you today: a little softening of a hardened perception could mean the difference between trudging through life and enjoying being alive. Magic isn’t a far-fetched reality; it’s a change of heart.
“Come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.” — J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
When time is my enemy, there is no room for magic. When I stopped fretting about how much time I “don’t have” to do everything, space suddenly opened up for everything—and then some. I get more done than I had planned, I enjoy it, I feel spacious inside… I can’t express how lovely that feels for me.
To me, magic is unplanned time and watching beauty spring up from the space that’s made. I feel more. I see more. I live more.
Present and peaceful, I start to see magic in so many places…
We live on an extraordinary blue-and-green planet that lets us look into the sky we’re spinning through, up at stars with whom we share common nature… I think being alive at all is enough evidence for me that magic is worthy of my company.
I have learned a whole lot more about the light by being in the darkness than I ever have by staying in the light. I have lost myself and found myself in the same place.
I have said goodbye to people I loved more than anything in this world and sit in awe as I watch our relationship continue to grow. Maybe life really is in the heart, really does continue even if eyes and hands can’t reach out and confirm.
I have no logical explanation for where my most beautiful writing comes from. It is mine, yet it is not mine.Fairy tales and poetry spring from the hearts and minds of those who are bold enough to dance with the possibility of magic. tweet this
What I’ve found is that, just by opening myself up to the edges of the unknown, I return to what I think I know, changed—just enough to see how the ordinary is touched with beauty and grace and wonder that wasn’t there before, because I wasn’t there before.
In any case, I have my reasons (that I do and don’t understand) for believing in magic, in my own way. I think it’s tucked away in the folds of ordinary life. I hope these quotes about magic offer you a touch of encouragement to see things differently—that’s the secret, I think, to living differently.
20 Quotes about Magic, aka Another Way of Living
1. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (attributed)
2. “You must learn to get in touch with the innermost essence of your being. This true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; it is free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one, superior to no one, and full of magic, mystery, and enchantment.” — Deepak Chopra, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
3. “There is a magic about you that is all your own.” — D.M. Dellinger“We all have magic inside us.” —J.K. Rowling tell the world
5. “Promise to stay wild with me. We’ll seek and return and stay and find beauty and the extraordinary in all the spaces we can claim. We’ll know how to live. How to breathe magic into the mundane.” — Victoria Erickson
6. “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” — Roald Dahl, The Minpins
7. “Where there is kindness, there is goodness and where there is goodness, there is magic.” — Cinderella
8. “She was everything real in a world of make-believe.” — Atticus“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” — C.S. Lewis tweet this
10. “You know what the issue is with the world? Everyone wants a magical solution to their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic.” — Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
11. “She had this way of always finding the good and believing in everything despite all that she had seen. And that is what I loved the most — the pure magic of her undying hope.” — Becca Lee
12. “I’ve personally danced with fate a few too many times to not believe in the magic of this world.” — K. A.“Life is a combination of magic and pasta.” — Federico Fellini tweet this
14. “I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” — J.K. Rowling
15. “The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
16. “Magic is the art of thinking, not strength or language.” — Christopher Paolini
17. “Dance beneath the stars as you drink in the night. Let the thunder overtake you as lightning fills the sky. Feel the force of nature penetrate your skin, spin with the world as the magic sinks in.” — Christy Ann Martine“We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.” — Rumi (attributed) tweet this
19. “Magic happens when you do not give up, even though you want to. The universe always falls in love with a stubborn heart.” — JmStorm
20. “Watch carefully, the magic that occurs, when you give a person just enough comfort to be themselves.” — Atticus
I have so many more quotes here that I’ve gathered and loved over the years.
What does magic mean to you? Where have you found it?
Share your favorite quotes about magic, and any stories of newfound possibility with me in the comments.
Sprinkle a little fairy dust in someone’s life today and share this with them.
It’s okay to live like you’ve never lived before, to see in new ways and change how you approach things—you might find magic there.