It is precious, always there for us, offering us an endless reservoir of fullness and support. The present moment is the best place to start anything new or reframe something old. Read these presence quotes and turn them into art by making them part of your reality.
“Drink from the well of your self and begin again.” — Charles Bukowski
In a world of racing thoughts, deadlines, and masks, it’s nice to come home to yourself in the cradle of the present moment.
For me, true presence is laced with acceptance. It means to allow someone or something to be before trying to change them or it. It’s a glimpse into the heart, on the other side of the mask someone is—or I am—wearing, past the walls we’ve built to keep ourselves closed off to outsiders.
True presence is recognizing that “outsiders” don’t exist, on some level that’s hard to comprehend.
Accepting what’s showing up, and showing up for it, is possible even when we’d like to see things change. We can hold a vision of what’s possible without trampling or missing out on the precious properties of the present moment.
I wanted to share some presence quotes I collected to elicit a more peaceful and appreciative perspective. I think we flourish once we’ve tapped into that perspective, that inner calm, and that deeper nature. It’s once we’ve accepted this moment that long-term improvement is possible.
Success needs a foundation of peace within from which to sustainably grow. With a presence of mind and heart, we can contribute to the reality we wish was true while also honoring (or at least fully acknowledging) the realities we already know.Power doesn’t lie in changing the past but in empowering the present. tell a friend
I love these presence quotes for their simple message: refocus on living the process, for you can’t be anywhere you’re not meant to be.
Your presence is the spiritual connection you feel to everything. By bridging the gap between you and everything else, it becomes easier to recognize the destination in each step.
The only way to understand the true peace of mindfulness is, of course, to experience it for yourself. I can share quote after quote, helpful practices, and exercises galore, but nothing will sink in unless you live the message.
I encourage you to live the message.
Whether through meditation, conscious breathing, intentional moments of silence, or simply paying attention, you can find yourself again right here. There are many ways to get back here so you can “drink from the well of your self.” You can get back to the invisible palm of the world—this one, miraculous moment—with greater ease the more you prioritize and practice that journey inward.
It seems to me that our best bet for living a miraculous life is to make the best and most positive use of the present (I wrote this poem about that).
For now, and here, this…
11 Presence Quotes to Elicit Beauty, Peace, Appreciation & Inner Fulfillment Right Here
1. “We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. A little parenthesis in eternity” — Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
2. “Mindfulness helps you go home to the present. And every time you go there and recognize a condition of happiness that you have, happiness comes.” – Thich Nhat Hanh“Engage with the struggles and crappy situations of life as an opportunity to challenge yourself to be present, to be better, to grow.” @BrendonBurchard tell a friend
4. “A moment comes when the true self reveals itself. That moment comes when you are willing to be unconditionally present in the imperfection of this moment. A simple change of attitude; instead of chasing after perfection, you allow a total and profound surrendering to the imperfection of the moment.” — Tyohar
5. “You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope. In such an event, courage is the authentic form taken by love.” — Thomas Merton
6. “Ah,” I smiled. “I’m not really here to keep you from freaking out. I’m here to be with you while you freak out, or grieve or laugh or suffer or sing. It is a ministry of presence. It is showing up with a loving heart.” — Kate Braestrup“Each small task of everyday life is part of the total harmony of the universe.” — Saint Therese of Lisiuex tell the world
8. “In the marshes the buckbean has lifted its feathery mist of flower spikes above the bed of trefoil leaves. The fimbriated flowers are a miracle of workmanship and every blossom exhibits an exquisite disorder of ragged petals finer than lace. But one needs a lens to judge of their beauty: it lies hidden from the power of our eyes, and menyanthes must have bloomed and passed a million times before there came any to perceive and salute her loveliness. The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” — Eden Phillpotts, “A Shadow Passes”
9. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” — Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
10. “When we’re together, paying attention is the most basic and profound expression of love—in a moment when you offer attention, real listening, real presence—in that moment, the heart naturally opens. This is the most basic training in awakening our hearts: Mindful attention. Just being there.” — Tarah Brach
11. “Don’t be troubled because of the mountain tops you have yet to touch. Like a tree, you will grow, not from the sky, but from the ground up.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
Practice coming back to the present moment—no regrets or sorrow to pull you back, no anxieties or fears to constrict you, no cravings to pull you apart—just the simple “cup” that is this moment, holding everything.