I love change. Like everything, though, the experience of change can either be intensely painful or rich with possibility and that experience depends largely on our mindset. (Sometimes it’s even painful AND rich.) These healthy life quotes are motivational tools to remind you why you started walking the path of well-being, and why you want to continue moving in the direction of what matters most to you.
“Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act.” — Paulo Coelho
Perfection is overrated. Progress is life. This whole thing is a journey. What if intentional progress was perfection?
When I ponder living a healthy life that not only feels good to me but fuels me with the desire to support everyone around me, I think of patience and persistence. Sustainable results come over time, not overnight. We know that, but accepting and living it is another thing.
Be patient with yourself as you evolve.
Your will to live a healthy life is stronger than your cravings. And I’m not necessarily talking about food; cravings are attachments that come in many forms. Working with them and through them, getting to their roots, is a practice of focused awareness, and that’s difficult to maintain if we don’t cultivate patience.Really, it’s the courage to continue that turns a goal into a lifestyle. inspire someone
Compassion, too: that’s another skill we can strengthen to help us overcome our long-held beliefs about what we’re capable of. Maybe that’s why I love change so much; I don’t always love the way change beckons me (like with a sudden loss or a weak body) but I am intrigued by what’s possible from this place.
One breath at a time, as long as I stay willing to build patience, courage, and compassion, I make progress. I make perfection obsolete. I become the journey. Growth unfolds with pain and grace, and I make it through something I once doubted could be behind me—I perform alchemy.
This gathering of healthy life quotes isn’t just about what’s on your plate or what your body can do: it’s about what you can do. It’s about honoring the struggle and shedding the doubt that you can stick to your “why.” (Your “why” is what matters most to you.) Also, it’s about respecting yourself no matter where you are on the journey.
Maybe, we can even learn how to enjoy ourselves in each step.
20 Healthy Life Quotes to Strengthen Your Patience, Compassion, and Courage to Continue
1. “Telling yourself that you’re already enough doesn’t mean you never change; it means you can create sustainable change.” — Jennifer Williamson
2. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” — John Maxwell
3. “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” — Peter Hagerty“I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.” — Neila Rey affirm it
5. “Eating healthy gets easier when you turn ‘I can’t have that’ into ‘I don’t want that.’” — Natalie from NataliesHealth.com
6. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” — Brené Brown
7. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” — Thomas Edison (attributed)
8. “If you show up fully for the journey, if you honor the process, you will melt right into the outcome.” — Jennifer Williamson“Self-care is how you take your power back.” — Lalah Delia tell a friend
10. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” — Alice Walker
11. “Our work is not to change what you do, but to witness what you do with enough awareness, enough curiosity, enough tenderness that the lies and old decisions upon which the compulsion is based become apparent and fall away. When you no longer believe that eating will save your life when you feel exhausted or overwhelmed or lonely, you will stop. When you believe in yourself more than you believe in food, you will stop using food as if it were your only chance at not falling apart. When the shape of your body no longer matches the shape of your beliefs, the weight disappears.” – Geneen Roth
12. “The tension in your body translates to tension in your brain and this becomes the set up for building habits and performing activities that are based on that tension.”—Ashley Kidd“The less we move, the less we are capable of moving.”— Pete Egoscue motivate someone
14. “To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.” — François de La Rochefoucauld
15. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.” — Florence Nightingale
16. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” — Mark Victor Hansen“Results will show up when you do.”— Jill Koenig encourage someone
18. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” — Robert Urich
19. “Every positive change in your life begins with a clear, unequivocal decision that you are going to either do something or stop doing something.” — Brian Tracy
20. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
- What’s your main health goal right now, and what’s your “why”—the reason you created this goal?
- What keeps you motivated to continue your journey, whatever your goals? Is it another person, accountability, positive self-talk, reading, writing, something else?
Please share your favorite healthy life quotes from this collection, your main goal, your “why,” words of advice, what helps you stick to your vision, and any stories of transformation with me in the comments.
Healthy people support people. Send these healthy life quotes to someone as a symbol of your support.
Visualizing where you’re going keeps you going. Visualize what’s possible in vivid detail, every day.