Rituals don’t need to be expensive or time-consuming. That’s why I’m sharing a super easy self-massage ritual with you today. You’ll need only two ingredients: 1) kindness and 2) a new favorite product of mine: Mystic Healing Hot Oil. It’s divine if I do say so myself. Try it before bed or whenever you need a moment of peace at home. And don’t miss the coupon code available at the bottom of this article! Hooray for coupons!
This post contains affiliate links to a product I received for an honest review. It’s from the same company where I get my natural hair products.
The fact that you’re here, living and breathing and reading, is a miracle. To be alive, to be experiencing the universe from your unique point of view is a gift.
Let that sink in for a moment.
You’re worthy of some TLC.
A self-massage ritual is an effective way to show yourself some love and support your health in a bunch of ways.
Therapeutic touch stimulates the release of endorphins, which:
- Makes you feel loved and safe
- Reduces physical pain
- Induces feelings of pleasure and euphoria
- Enhances immune function
- Encourages circulation (especially helpful for cold fingers and toes!)
- Calms the nervous system
- Promotes sound sleep
This is why you’ve got to try this ritual. It’s part hair and scalp treatment, part massage, and part aromatherapy. Which means… it’s delightful! And I bet you could use it.“Your physical presence on earth is worthy of celebration.” — Jennifer Williamson, Sleep Rituals #selfcare #selflove tell a friend
Mystic Healing Hot Oil
Morrocco Method is my go-to company for 100% natural, wildcrafted, organic hair care products.
I’ve been in love with their products for a couple of years now, so I’m excited for you to try one of their newest products:
Mystic Healing Hot Oil. Mmhmm. It’s as lovely as it sounds. Use it for a variety of treatments, including:
- A manicure or pedicure massage
- A scalp massage
- An aromatherapeutic full-body massage
If you use it to treat your hair and scalp, the oil helps with hair growth and issues like dandruff, dry scalp, and frizz. Might I add that it soothes frazzled nerves? (Win and win.)
Even the ingredients are a delight to read (or am I the only weird one who reads labels for fun?): sunflower seed oil, apricot kernel oil, almond seed oil, hazel seed oil, avocado oil, jojoba, and lavender flower oil.
For a simple, luxurious scalp treatment:
- Submerge bottle in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Massage warm oil into your dry hair.
- Leave it in for up to one hour for the most nourishing results.
- Rinse thoroughly and then shampoo.
Mystic Healing Hot Oil Full-Body Self-Massage Ritual
Try this self-massage ritual when you need some real relaxation. It’s inspired by my book, Sleep Rituals (out in January!) and uses MM’s Mystic Healing Hot Oil as a whole-body massage oil.
You can either do this before or after your nighttime bath, or whenever you need it. If you’re applying the oil to your hair and scalp, note that you’re only supposed to leave it in for up to one hour. (In that case, you can do this a few hours before bedtime and rinse/shampoo about an hour and a half before you go to sleep.)
Let your touch be slow, gentle, and firm; let your awareness be one of gratitude and respect.
- Submerge bottle of Mystic Healing Hot Oil in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Create a healing space: light candles, play relaxing music, surround yourself with crystals, etc.
- Undress and stand or sit on a designated towel or mat that you don’t mind getting oily.
- Rub a small amount of the oil between your palms. Massage your scalp with your fingertips in a circular motion. If you don’t want oil in your hair, you can omit oil here and skip to step 4.
- Continue in slow, circular motions with your temples, face, ears, and nape of the neck. Massage your throat in soft, upward movements.
- Continue with your arms and legs in the direction of your heart. Apply even pressure with long strokes on muscles and circular movements on joints. Sweep up your arms and legs.
- Massage your chest and abdomen with light pressure in a clockwise direction.
- Move to your hips and bottom, massaging in circular motions.
- Pay special attention to your feet and hands, especially if you spend a lot of time on your feet or using your hands. Give each finger and toe some love.
- Allow the oil to absorb for 5–20 minutes before bathing or leave the oil on overnight. If the oil is in your hair, leave on for up to one hour before rinsing and shampooing.
- Rest in love.
MM’s Mystic Healing Hot Oil and use Coupon Code MapleLatte at checkout for a 20% discount off your entire order! (I mean, is that not the best coupon code?)
In the comments below, tell me:
What’s a favorite self-care ritual of yours, a practice that helps you keep the (inner) peace?
Share this ritual with a friend who deserves a break.
Only ever love,