Make your destination a way of seeing, and everything becomes an adventure. These adventure quotes are for the true travelers of heart, the ones who seek to see the world through the eyes of another, in hopes of discovering the universe in a new light.
“You can’t find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn’t bring it with you all along.” – Katrina Mayer
Let us first remember that happiness is a journey–it’s not found at the destination, but in the direction. On this journey, we learn that when we replace our fear of the unknown with curiosity, we can trust in what’s yet to be.
Life will open up to us when we open up for its lessons, and we stay open by looking upon it all as a great, worthwhile adventure.“Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes Click To Tweet
The willingness to keep learning moves us forward along the path of discovery. This willingness allows us to gratefully breathe in the air of new places, uncover who we really are, let our light shine into the world, and slow down enough to enjoy the journey it’s all meant to be.
May these adventure quotes encourage you to explore the earth like a child would—unhindered by fear, propelled by curiosity and a sense of discovery.
Allow yourself to see the world through new eyes, and know there are adventures to be had right here.
25 Adventure Quotes to Encourage Exploration of the Soul
1. “An adventurous life does not necessarily mean climbing mountains, swimming with sharks or jumping off cliffs. It means risking yourself by leaving a little piece of you behind in all those you meet along the way.” – Shawna Grapentin
2. “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.” – Marty Rubin
3. “True adventure happens when the heart accepts this moment as it is.” – Unknown“Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller Click To Tweet
5. “Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do that the things you did.” – Mark Twain
6. “The real voyage of discovery is not in seeking new places, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
7. “It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” – Alan Cohen“Every adventure requires a first step.” – The Cheshire Cat Click To Tweet
9. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
10. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
11. “The best journeys in life are those that answer questions you never thought to ask.” – Rock Ridgeway“Love is meant to be an adventure.” – Gordon B. Hinckley Click To Tweet
13. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again—to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.” – Pico Iyer
14. “You have exactly one life in which to do everything you’ll ever do. Act accordingly.” – Colin Wright
15. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey“Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart Click To Tweet
17. “Adventure is the vitaminizing element in histories both individual and social.” – William Bolitho
18. “In any field, find the strangest thing and then explore it.” – John Archibald Wheeler
19. “The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.” – Frank Herbert“The only journey is the one within.” – Rainer Maria Rilke Click To Tweet
21. “There is no greater journey than the one that you must take to discover all of the mysteries that lie within you.” – Michelle Sandlin
22. “You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
23. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” – William Feather“Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman Click To Tweet
25. “The greatest discovery in life is self-discovery. Until you find yourself you will always be someone else. Become yourself.” – Myles Munroe
Which of these adventure quotes called to you? Please share your own thoughts, favorite quotes, lessons learned in life, and any worthwhile experiences with me in the comments.
Share these adventure quotes with someone who would enjoy them.
Be willing to enjoy this journey–appreciate it, for it will continue to change for you.