While I was gathering these universe quotes, I felt a tremendous sense of belonging. I also felt freedom from the struggles of being a human; there was a remembrance of who I really am, of who we all really are: more than what society teaches. I hope that reading these quotes awakens the memory in you, too.
“There is no birth or death, but arrival and departure from one form to the next.” — Unknown
If I can believe anything that I want, I’ll believe that I am an integral part of the universe, an expression of the universal energy that courses through everything, and I am not the limitation that society would have me believe in. There’s more to me, and all of us, than the five senses reveal.
I am not defined by the limitations of what I know; I am expanded by the things that I do not know.
I think there’s room to embrace the mystery of being alive, without needing to label everything and place every discovery into some “box.” Of course, it makes sense to organize our curiosities, for learning purposes if for no other reason. It makes sense, too, to leave a little space for what we’ve yet to understand.“Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.” — Mary Oliver Click To Tweet
Eventually, everything connects. That’s a deep-seated belief of mine that lifts me up when I feel crushed by expectations, or isolated by perceptions. That feeling of connectedness seems to be the very breath that gives us the energy we need to keep going in the world, to do meaningful work in freedom.
We are creatures of belonging; we are children of humanity as well as children of the universe. We are here, together; the illusion of separation is what keeps us feeling like we have to do life all by ourselves, chained to a painful existence and constantly threatened with the fear of mortality.
You belong. I belong. We belong not only to each other, but to everything and to eternity, and that’s what these universe quotes are all about: Belonging, unity, connection, wholeness, more, everything.
Enjoy yourself as you are, while you are here as you are.
25 Universe Quotes to Awaken the Spiritual Side of Your Humanity
1. “Not only are we in the Universe, the Universe is in us. I don’t know of any deeper spiritual feeling than what that brings upon me.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
2. “Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.” — Leonardo DaVinci
3. “The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” — Eden Phillpotts
4. “We are the scientists, trying to make sense of the stars inside us.” — Christopher Poindexter“To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.” — Lao Tzu Click To Tweet
6. “The Universe is saying: ‘Allow me to flow through you unrestricted, and you will see the greatest magic you have ever seen.’” — Klaus Joehle
7. “Everything amazing about the universe is inside of you, and the two are inseparable.” — Carl Sagan
8. “The universe took its time on you / crafted you precisely so you could offer the world / something distinct from everyone else / so when you doubt how you were created / you doubt an energy greater than us both.” — Rupi Kaur
9. “Everything you’ll ever need to know is within you; the secrets of the universe are imprinted on the cells of your body.” — Dan Millman“Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside of you.” — Rumi Click To Tweet
11. “There are as many atoms in a single molecule of your DNA as there are stars in the typical galaxy. We are, each of us, a little universe.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
12. “She was half human… half universe.” — A.R. Lucas
13. “You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately, you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle.” — Eckhart Tolle
14. “The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them.” — Elizabeth Gilbert“We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson Click To Tweet
16. “Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.” — Maya Angelou
17. “The universe had to fall apart into dust first to become its majestic, incredible, infinite self. What makes you think this breaking, this trauma, this destruction, won’t be the making of a more powerful you too?” — Nikita Gill
18. “The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.” — Neil DeGrasse Tyson
19. “The Universe’s timing is perfect, even if it doesn’t suit your ego.” — Dean Jackson
20. “You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.” — Max Ehrmann“Shine like the whole universe is yours.” — Rumi Click To Tweet
22. “Enlightenment, for a wave in the ocean, is the moment the wave realizes it is water. When we realize we are not seperate, but a part of the huge ocean of everything, we become enlightened. We realize this through practice, and we remain awake and aware of this through more practice.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
23. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” — Paulo Coelho
24. “You are the universe, expressing itself as a human for a little while.” — Eckhart Tolle
25. “If we would just take a moment to look around, we would find that the universe is in constant communication with us.” — Alexandria Hotmer
Please share your favorite universe quotes, any insights or ideas these quotes awakened in you, moments of profound and deep connection that changed you, and any inspiring stories with me in the comments.
Share these universe quotes with a kindred soul; be the light that helps them shine like the whole universe is theirs, too.
Imagine if love was at the “core” of the goings-on of the universe… what if, bottom line, that was all that really mattered? Play with the thought that perhaps the universe, everything that is connected, is unfolding as it should. How else would it be?