Your smile doesn’t mean life is wonderful all of the time, or perfect ever, but it’s a symbol of hope and strength, a courageous act of love in the middle of a storm. Here’s a positive collection of quotes to make you smile today, because it might be exactly what someone needs. The world always needs your smile.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
Life is odd, in that it can work in mysterious ways, yet through our humanly suffering and the experiences that pain us, our smile can prevail. A smile is a beacon of hope in dark times, a ray of inner light that casts shadows aside and sends love into the world around us.
Through every up and every down, let us always be willing to put our appreciation into words. May we be courageous enough to be happy first, and remember that life is still beautiful if we choose to see it that way.
Here’s a collection of quotes to make you smile and remember your own capacity to brighten the world you live in.
25 Quotes to Make You Smile, Because…
You do make a difference.
1. “Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after an experience with you becomes your trademark.” – Jay Danzie
2. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” – Mother Teresa
3. “Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another.” – George Eliot“A smile confuses an approaching frown.” – Anonymous Click To Tweet
5. “The shortest distance between two people is a smile.” – Victor Borge
6. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
7. “Smile, for everyone lacks self-confidence and more than any other one thing a smile reassures them.” – Andre Maurois
It’s all worthwhile.
8. “The purpose of life is to love it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Love yourself and be proud of everything that you do, even your mistakes. Because even mistakes mean you’re trying.” – Unknown
10. “Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald“Your dreams don’t have to be lofty; they just have to be lived.” – Kelly Bouchard Click To Tweet
12. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” – William Feather
13. “Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” – Betty Friedan
14. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” – A. A. Milne
You are loved.
15. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “You are unrepeatable. There is a magic about you that is all your own.” – D.M. Dell
17. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know.” – A. A. Milne“Love is what makes you smile when you are tired.” – Paulo Coelho Click To Tweet
19. “You’re even more amazing than you wish you were.” – Colin Wright
20. “You are helpful, and you are loved, and you are forgiven, and you are not alone.” – John Green
Your smile is a symbol of hope.
21. “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
22. “Smile, it’s the second best thing you can do with your lips.” – Jill Shalvis“A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward Click To Tweet
24. “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” – Charles Gordy
25. “So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
Find more inspirational quotes to make you smile.
- Which of these quotes made you smile?
- Are there any others you would add to this list, or any favorite phrases or facts that remind you that life is good and everything is going to be okay?
- Who or what are you smiling about today?
Please share your thoughts, quotes, lessons, blessings, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone you want to smile.
I hope you always find a reason to smile.