The moon has phases and so do we. We share ingredients with the stars. We are all examples of what a miracle life is—some of us shine in the sky, and some of us walk the earth. I love these quotes about stars and the moon because they’re a reminder of where we’re from and who we are.
“My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations.” — John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
One day, the phrase “Love is my North Star” swept through me, so quickly I still wonder at its source. Those are the kinds of thoughts I can’t “fathom into constellations,” and though the origin of this thought made no rational sense to me (I was brushing my teeth when it happened) my heart knew exactly where it came from and why.
The heart feels the truth before the head understands it.
I envision love as my northernmost star and that “heart thought” alone rids me of anxiousness. It means that I am supported, guided, held in the light of my path even when all other lights have gone out. I’m reminded to practice courage and grow along the way, and definitely to trust the path when I can’t see it or, even better, understand it.
The most miraculous reminder of all? The stars we look up to reflect what’s within us.We are life composed of star ingredients. remind the world
Maybe we can find the light of hope and a touch of magic in the most unlikely places because we are made of the same ingredients that make the stars in the sky. We are walking miracles. Isn’t that something to contemplate?
I’ve been contemplating our connection to the cosmos and so I’ve gathered my favorite quotes about stars, the moon, and our family ties. I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do—some poetry, some spiritually scientific, some scientifically spiritual.
20 Quotes about Stars, the Moon, and Who We Are
1. “We live in a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don’t believe in miracles?” — Unknown
2. “Our Sun is a second- or third-generation star. All of the rocky and metallic material we stand on, the iron in our blood, the calcium in our teeth, the carbon in our genes were produced billions of years ago in the interior of a red giant star. We are made of star-stuff.” — Carl Sagan, The Cosmic Connection
3. “You were just like the moon, / So lonely, so full of imperfections, / But just like the moon you shine in times of darkness.” — Sarah Boswell“Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your being.” — Rumi tell a friend
5. “The surface of the Earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean. On this shore we’ve learned most of what we know. Recently, we’ve waded a little way out, maybe ankle-deep, and the water seems inviting. Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can because the cosmos is also within us. We’re made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.” — Carl Sagan, Cosmos: A Personal Voyage
6. “I am a child of the Moon being raised by the Sun in a world walked by stars and a sky drawn with flowers.” — Zara Ventris
7. “We have calcium in our bones, iron in our veins, carbon in our souls, and nitrogen in our brains. 93 percent stardust, with sounds made of flames, we are all just stars that have people names.” — Nikita Gill“If you’re craving a reminder of your connection to everything, look at your reflection in the night sky. You are home.” — Jennifer Williamson tell a friend
9. “Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” — Sarah Williams, The Old Astronomer
10. “Our bodies contain three grams of iron, three grams of bright, silver-white magnesium, and smaller amounts of manganese and copper. Proportionate to size, they are among the weightiest atoms in our bodies, and they come from the same source, a long-ago star. There are pieces of star within us all.” — Vincent Cronin, The View from Planet Earth
11. “She stared at the stars like they were pillows for her mind and in their light she could rest her heavy head.” — Christopher Poindexter“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino tell the world
13. “The moon doesn’t consider one phase better than another; she just glows, equally stunning at each turn. Why should we be any different?” — Cristen Rodgers
14. “If you are the moon, it’s not the sun that reminds you of the light: it’s the darkness that makes you shine.” — Jennifer Williamson
15. “She was beautifully / Out of place. / Sometimes I believe / She intended to be. / Like the moon during the day.” — D.R.“We are all of us wanderers, Chasing moonbeams, Our hearts full of wonder, Our souls drowsy with dreams.” — Ramblings of the Claury, Drowsy Dreams tweet this
17. “Tell me the story about how the sun loved the moon so much he died every night to let her breathe.” — Unknown
18. “She and the moon could always be found playing in the darkness.” — a.j. lawless
19. “And if you are to love, love as the moon loves. It doesn’t steal the night, it only unveils the beauty of the dark.” — Unknown (Isra Al-Thibeh or Jasleen Kalra)
20. “She held the moon the way she held her own heart, as if it was the only light that could guide her through the darkest nights.” — Chrissie Pinney
Read this next: 25 universe quotes for your spiritual contemplations.
Share your favorite quotes with me in the comments, and any spiritually-scientific-poetic thoughts too. I’d love to read them!
Inspire a fellow star today and share these quotes (about them) with them!
Trust your heart thoughts.