Confidently affirming something positive counters destructive and worried thoughts—the ones that are, way more often than not, inaccurate. Equip yourself with one or a few of these affirmations for anxiety to help you transform painful thoughts into productive thoughts—the kind that make the best use of the present moment.
“Find something that makes you happy and think about it a lot.” — Abraham-Hicks
There are answers, but it’s not always our task to know them all. Consider the possibility that it’s not your responsibility to run what you didn’t create, that you’re not responsible for the universal workings that are beyond your reach.
Anxious thoughts paralyze me. Empowering declarations liberate me. Time and again, I’m reminded that this is the truth—the belief that I’m doomed? Not so much.
I invite you to try out a new thought that connects you to something larger, and keep putting it to use because a thought repeated enough turns into a belief. Plus, you’re allowed to be new and feel more expansive and spacious.Stop doing things that don't move you forward, like thinking you're not capable, worthy, or ready to grow. support a friend
If you’re interested in the healing power of scent, combine your new affirmation with these essential oils to calm and uplift: orange, bergamot, frankincense, ylang ylang, vetiver, roman chamomile, or lavender.
You don’t need to use all of the affirmations for anxiety that I’m suggesting here. There are probably some that you feel more naturally drawn to than others. Let your intuition guide you. Feel the pull to release the outcome so you can focus on something far more beautiful: the present moment. You are supported.
15 Empowering Affirmations for Anxiety
1. I cannot control everything because that is not my job.
2. I am not reduced by what happens to me, and I cannot be defined by any worried thoughts.
3. Whatever I do today, it is enough. And so am I. And so it is.
4. I trust in a higher process and an intelligent source to handle what is not mine to handle.
5. I am receptive to the peace of a grateful heart.“Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” — Kahlil Gibran tweet this
6. Fear can be transformed into something else because I am an alchemist.
7. I am allowed to believe in something that feels better.
8. I am just in the process of stepping into my next level of growth and power.
9. I am open to all the ways the universe wants to bless me.
10. I breathe healing light and space down into my belly. (From Eva at Anxious Relief)“Things are far more beautiful when the universe arranges them for you.” — Jai Jagdeesh tell a friend
11. I was born to stand in the light.
12. Every deep breath is a gift of divine support.
14. I am connected to something larger than myself.
15. Thoughts are passing clouds and I am the sky… or… Thoughts are falling leaves and I am the earth.
Which of these affirmations do you need the most today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!