You make a difference by learning and by teaching, and you teach with every step you take in this life–everything you say and do and think contributes to the peace or discord of the world. May these world peace quotes inspire us all to teach real peace in the world today.
“Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world.” – T. Harv Eker
It’s easy to blame the outer world–other people, unfortunate circumstances, painful events–for the unease we feel inside. Even when we practice owning our happiness and appreciating everything that happens, we’ll still have mishaps and fall into the pattern of blaming things and people outside ourselves. That’s okay. We’re human. But since it’s a practice, we can continue to build our inner world and work on our comebacks.
With that said, we forgive others because we want to be at peace. We accept situations because that’s the first step to initiate change, and when we can’t change the outside, we look inside for transformation. World peace (and real, positive change) will never be achieved until we look inside ourselves and cultivate peace there first.
We cannot pray for world peace if we’re not willing to transform ourselves into more compassionate people.
Let us love the world to peace by loving ourselves to peace. When we love ourselves, we contribute to the healing of the world. The love and healing that this world so desperately needs will come from each of us, individually yet united on a common path of peace. When we are at peace with ourselves, we can be at peace with the world, and then we will get a glimpse of what world peace looks like.
Peace in the world relies on you, and me, making peace, finding peace, prioritizing peace. Let any of these world peace quotes spark a transformation in your heart, which would lead to a change in your world, which is a miracle. Any slight shift in your perspective (one from fear to love, or one from pain to peace) is a miracle.
33 World Peace Quotes to Spark a Transformation in Your Heart
1. “Of all our dreams today, there is none more important – or so hard to realize – than that of peace in the world.” – Lester B. Pearson
2. “Plant the seed of kindness in your heart and it will blossom into peace.” – Michael Sotelo
3. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
4. “You are the source of all change on the planet. If you tend to your internal peace, you’re tending to peace on earth.” – Panache Desai
6. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
7. “Ego says, ‘Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace.’ Spirit says, ‘Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place.’” – Marianne Williamson
8. “Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. “If you avoid conflict to keep the peace, you start a war inside yourself.” – Cheryl Richardson
11. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” – Peace Pilgrim
12. “It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.” – L.R. Knost
13. “Happiness and peace will come to earth only as the light of love and human compassion enter the souls of men.” – David O. McKay
14. “Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
16. “Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Each moment is a chance for us to make peace with the world, to make peace possible for the world, to make happiness possible for the world.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
18. “World peace can be achieved when, in each person, the power of love replaces the love of power.” – Sri Chinmoy
19. “We must see that peace represents a sweeter music, a cosmic melody, that is far superior to the discords of war.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “On the day when we can fully trust each other, there will be peace on earth.” – L. Ron Hubbard
22. “We each possess what is needed to create peace on earth. We all know how to love, we just need to practice using that knowledge in all aspects of life.” – Lisa Prosen
23. “For peace to reign on earth, humans must evolve into new beings who have learned to see the whole first.” – Immanuel Kant
24. “The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things.” – Peace Pilgrim
25. “Be at peace with your own soul, then heaven and earth will be at peace with you.” – Isaac of Nineveh
27. “May we care for each other, and for the earth, for everything relates to everything else.” – Radha Sahar
28. “No two leaves are alike, and yet there is no antagonism between them or between the branches on which they grow.” – Mahatma Gandhi
29. “Compassionate people are geniuses in the art of living, more necessary to the dignity, security, and joy of humanity than the discoverers of knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
30. “I think that if we would stop trying to impress each other, we might be able to love each other.” – Joyce Meyer
32. “If we do not work for individual transformation, talking about world peace is just entertainment.” – Jaggi Vasudev
33. “Be the peace you seek.” – Bryant McGill
- In what small way can you contribute to the healing of the world today?
- How can you love a little more and stress a little less?
- How has working on your inner peace changed how you saw the world?
- Has someone else’s sense of inner peace ever brought you peace?
Please share your positive intentions for peace, favorite world peace quotes, stress relief practices, acts of compassion, thoughts, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone who would appreciate the message.
Believe in your ability to make a difference.