Train your mind with consistent words of encouragement and you will become your own greatest source of motivation, positivity, happiness, and hope.
“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
Speaking words of affirmation is a great way to train your mind to think positive, feel confident, and live a happy life. Tell yourself what you need to hear, every single day, to move your life forward.
When you feel doubt creeping in or your happiness seems to be fading, remember that motivation and inspiration is summoned from within.
Others can, of course, shine their light into our world and remind us of our own, and they can encourage us to rekindle our inner flame.
By speaking words of encouragement to yourself on a daily basis, you can, in the times you need comfort and cheer the most, draw strength from your mental queue at a moment’s notice.
Below are some words of encouragement to get you started, or keep you going, on the happy path of positive thinking. Choose one or a few that speak to you, adjust any wording to fit your situation, and start building a life you love one day at a time.
Words of Encouragement to Destroy Doubt and Invite Happiness
1. I cannot control everything that happens to me, but I can control the way I respond to what happens. In my response is my power.
2. I am a guardian of my mind, body, and soul. I protect myself from negativity and let no darkness dim my inner light.
3. I dream up and focus on the positive, for it is much more useful than the long nightmares of negativity.
4. Happiness comes in those moments when I’m vitally aware.
5. Every second is a chance to save myself. I don’t neglect these chances—not because they won’t return, but because delay of joy is needless.
6. Each day there are a million divine wonders, acts of human kindness, and beautiful sights.
7. I live in reverence to the moment and all I have been given by it and all I choose to give to it.
8. I am born again when I let the past go and look without condemnation upon the present, for the present holds the only things that are forever true.
9. Each instant is a clean, untarnished birth. My past is what I have taught myself, and I can teach myself something new right now.
10. Instead of ruminating on what could have or should have been, I look to the power and possibility of what is.
11. I meet whatever comes my way with the best I have to give.
12. My simple efforts and daily triumphs gather weight and motion to become an unstoppable force toward a focused and happy life.
13. Each day gathers force toward my destiny.
14. I invest in and prioritize the activities that deeply move me.
15. Mine is a higher cause than comfort, a greater calling than mediocrity.
16. My next step in the right direction doesn’t need to be a big one.
17. I take responsibility for my happiness by choosing to think happy thoughts on purpose and not letting my peace depend on my circumstances.
18. I don’t need to have all the answers to be courageous. I only need to face the questions many avoid their whole life.
19. With enough time, effort, and dedication I can learn most of what I need to succeed.
20. The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.
21. I am grateful that I am strong enough and smart enough to grow from my burdens.
22. The meaning is in the journey, not the destination.
23. Love does not conquer all things, but it does set all things right.
24. I make fear meaningless by denying its power to conceal love.
25. Love always leads to love. I counter hate with love and darkness with light; therefore, I fuel a continual cycle of love.
26. I can use my mind to generate feelings of happiness.
27. Happiness is a result of thought, not impulse.
28. When I cannot manage my circumstances, I manage my mindset.
29. A challenge only becomes an obstacle if I bow to it.
30. There is mastery only in real effort, real sweat, real toil, real thunder.
31. My dreams are possible because I have dreamed them.
32. I energize myself to pursue higher aims.
33. My motivation is summoned from within.
34. I can attract and have that which I act toward with consistency and persistence.
35. I don’t try to hide from my fears, because they are here to help guide me in the right direction.
36. I am blessed with a freely chosen attitude.
37. I am more than my small thoughts of fear, doubt, unworthiness, worry, and separation.
38. I am not stuck anywhere unless I decide to be.
39. This is my day, no matter what.
40. With enough faith, action, and love I can beat doubt, defiance, and division.
41. Reality is bendable to my will. I am responsible for my reality.
42. Real, positive change is possible no matter my current situation.
43. All the resources I need to win are within.
44. I am capable of more than I may realize.
45. My worth is beyond perception because it is beyond doubt.
46. Only my misperceptions stand in my way.
47. I don’t dwell in the darkness of my doubts or the shadows of the joyless.
48. My life’s purpose is to live—freely, vibrantly, joyously, madly, consciously, lovingly, enthusiastically.
- Do you practice affirmations?
- What consistent thoughts, words, and statements do you use to motivate and inspire yourself?
Please share your own favorite affirmations, words of encouragement, motivational quotes, and experiences in the comments.
Share this post with someone who could use a little encouragement today.
You never know when one kind act or one word of encouragement will change a life forever.