Today’s affirmations for health focus on the possibility of improvement without downplaying what you’re going through. They’re intended to help you create a happy, healthy atmosphere in which your cells can function well and your body can heal swiftly. Nutrition, movement, sleep, and mental/emotional patterns are the pillars of overall wellbeing; help yourself in one of these areas, and you become a powerful agent for your own healing.
“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” — Eckhart Tolle
So often, when we’re confronted with illness, we make decisions from a place of fear based on the illness. We choose healing modalities because we’re scared of being sick. We eat healthy foods because we’re afraid of where the illness may lead. We exercise because we feel forced to do so; if we don’t, we might stay in pain forever.
Not only that, but we make healthy choices from a place of fear even when our bodies are in a state of good health! (A lot of people do that, anyway. I’m including myself in this one.)
For example, have you ever worked out because your physical appearance wasn’t up to par, or eaten fruits and vegetables because you didn’t want to catch a cold? Imagine how different it would feel to move and eat because you loved your body, you loved yourself, and you loved life.
Focusing on love feels good. Focusing on joy feels good. Focusing on passion feels good. It’s that feeling good that we’re going for, and it stems from our perceptions.
It’s difficult to make choices from a place of love because that requires that we be compassionate and accepting not only towards ourselves but towards the experience we’re having (“good” or “bad”). It requires a mindset shift, which isn’t easy. Altering a perception can happen in an instant, but usually, it takes conscious persistence on our part.
Self-love is the key to healing.
When we choose to heal because we’re afraid to be ill, there is a lack of love. Increasing our experience of love will empower every healing decision we make and buffer stress, which is also a big proponent of illness.Don’t let your current circumstances make you think that you’re not capable of creating a new reality for yourself. Click To Tweet
With the following affirmations for health, we’re focusing on increasing our experience of love, no matter which healing modalities we choose to pursue. In doing so, we’re addressing the core wounds that contribute to the illness or discomfort: a departure from love.
If you’re sick, your body is telling you that something you’ve been doing isn’t serving your health. Becoming aware and willing to identify the reason you don’t feel well is not only empowering but imperative to whole healing. Unearthing the underlying disturbance is treatment and prevention acting as one.
Part of healing is being able to answer the question: How am I not loving?
Go for whatever treatment makes you feel empowered. Opt for the avenues that cooperate with your hopeful points of view. Focus on love. Focus on joy. Focus on gratitude, passion, and life. Your emotions during this time are so important.
I hope these affirmations for health can be guideposts for you.
25 Affirmations for Health That Focus on Love
1. I am worthy of good health.
2. I am open to seeing everything that is no longer serving me, and I am willing to see it all with love.
3. I fully accept where I am and am ready to seize this opportunity to grow.
4. I focus on positive progress.
5. I am supported and loved in this healing journey of mine.
6. I create good health by talking and thinking about my wellness.
7. I most love the parts of me that need love the most right now.By unearthing the core reasons why we're suffering, we illuminate the path to sustained well-being. Click To Tweet
8. Even though there is discomfort inside of me, I love and approve of myself.
9. I am in control of the mental atmosphere I create. Thoughts can be changed and the positive thoughts I choose are helping me heal.
10. I am free to be new in this moment.
11. I release all negativity because it’s not who I am. I make way for love because that’s who I really am.
12. I am a friend to my body. I forgive my body and treat it with the same loving kindness I would like to receive.
13. No matter what has been or will be, my inner light can’t be extinguished.
14. I treat my discomfort and pain like I would an innocent child. I tend to my body with unconditional compassion and care.“It is time for you to know your power.” @AbrahamHicks Click To Tweet
15. I am doing everything I can to help my body be well as quickly as possible.
16. I choose thoughts that create a healthy atmosphere within and around me.
17. I am a willing participant in my own wellness plan.
18. I am open to new ways of improving my health.
19. Every choice I make, I make it with mindfulness and a love of life. Whatever it is that I do, I love myself through it.
20. I am a survivor.
21. My body knows how to heal itself. I allow the intelligence of my body to move my health forward.The way out of suffering is in the suffering. The way out of discomfort is in the discomfort. Don’t turn away; stay. Listen. Honor. That’s the only way to heal. Click To Tweet
22. I am on the path of expansion, always learning. I respect the process even when I do not understand it.
23. I am so grateful to be alive. I cherish being here.
24. I am willing to be with all of my thoughts and feelings without admonishing them. Instead of turning away, I stay and understand.
25. I am looking for ways to express love. I am looking for beauty in the present moment. I am looking for beacons of hope everywhere I go.
How has embracing a more positive, hopeful, loving perception helped you to overcome a health concern? Were you freed up to seek out new healing modalities that you wouldn’t have been open to before? Did you stick to healthy choices with greater ease because you were doing them from a place of true desire and love?
Please share your favorite affirmations for health and any stories of hopeful transition with me in the comments. I’d love to hear your feedback and experiences; they might inspire someone else too.
Send a signal of hope to someone else today; share these affirmations to honor their journey and let them know you believe in what’s possible.
Ask yourself, How am I not loving? Then, believe you have the courage to answer the question lovingly (you do). Keep asking. Keep asking. Keep asking. Something new might emerge.
Photo: Amanda Arnberg.