“As you perceive something, you give birth to a thought, and this thought now thinks. Now that it exists, now that it has been conjured, now that it has been focused, now it vibrates. Now, by Law of Attraction, other thoughts that are vibrationally same will come to it. So it begins its expansion immediately.” — Abraham-Hicks
Thinking happy thoughts offers us a lot of light, but it’s not a practice to ingest halfheartedly. It’s a process to be honored and revered, if we wish to contribute something new to the reality we know.
Follow along with this affirmation if you crave a change; if some part of you knows that there’s a way to live in the world but not be crushed by every painful thought or emotion that sweeps through you.
This isn’t a typical you-are-what-you-think affirmation, but it’s an awe-inspired one, and I hope it inspires you to contribute to the loving reality you want to live in.
“I Am Not the Thoughts Themselves; My Truth Is Closer to the Awareness Behind Everything”
We think reality is one and the same for all, but we also recognize that two people could be looking at the same “thing” and see two different “things.” How can that be? The way we perceive the world around us, within us, and beyond, actually shapes the way things really are.
We see the world not as it is, but as our perceptions allow. Reality as we personally understand it is molded by the individual peculiarities of our past experiences, but also our mindful willingness to shift course. We aren’t truly trapped by what’s happened to us in the past—not if we play a new game.
The “game” I like to play is Witness: How can I just notice what is, without identifying with what’s happening? How can I act, without being stuck in the role(s) I play? How can I transcend labels without judging them or adding more labels? How can I see differently?The moment we're willing to see things differently is the moment reality begins to bend. Click To Tweet
This place of witnessing, of stepping back with expanded awareness, is where we’re able to think happy thoughts with sincerity. Going “behind the scenes” of what happens to occur, recognizing who we are and who we are not, empowers us to consciously contribute to a new reality.
You’re not the negative thoughts you happen to think. The same goes with positive thoughts. Remember who you’re not (the thoughts) and contemplate the aware presence that’s behind everything. When you do that, the thoughts that do occur can come and go freely without you having to suffer.
You can be an active participant in the direction of your mental activity. To think happy thoughts does not mean to become those happy thoughts; it means to shape your reality according to how you want to experience your life.Reality is malleable, and you're the one molding the clay. Click To Tweet
“I Devote My Consciousness to Uncovering the Gems within Each Experience”
When you think happy thoughts on purpose, you actively participate in the manifestation of your desires. Just because you’re able to transcend your thoughts, does not mean you are immune to their effects. You’re a human being, too, after all.
My reality, I’ve found, is something I contribute to with every conscious and unconscious decision. The more conscious I become of the situation and all the roles being played, all the challenges and opportunities for growth and discovery, the more sensical my decision to think happy thoughts.
I discover, again and again, that the positive thoughts I apply to any given experience heightens the potential of joy in that experience, and affects all other aspects of my life. The experience is what it is, but how I experience the experience is what’s within my control.
There’s an ocean of love behind everything, and it’s always giving, always offering energy and well-being and what we need to keep going here.
There are gems to behold within each experience, if we only had the energy and insight to see them. Sometimes we suffer enough and throw our hands up in the air and finally ask for help; that’s when help shows up. It’s been there all along, really; it’s that “ocean.” We’re never without it—we tune into it.
We can’t unconsciously devote our consciousness to uncovering what’s there, hidden by the veils of unconsciousness. Do you understand what I mean? We need to step back, to just see things as they are without judging them, throwing on labels, applying filters, comparing or seeking.
We need to pause, simply, and see what narratives have been running our life behind the scenes.
- What beliefs have we been practicing?
- Do we believe them because they are true, or because we have practiced them long enough?
- How have they affected the way we feel and view the world outside and within?
Reality is bendable to our perceptions, to our deep-seated intentions, and through a keen awareness.Reality is highly responsive to how we see; our power lies in the recognition of our power. Click To Tweet
If you don’t identify with the negative thoughts, it’s much easier to watch them come and go without getting your heart broken. It also, then, makes sense to actively participate in the thoughts that feel good, because you can see how they would magnetize more good feelings.
Stepping back allows us a bird’s eye view whereby we can see just how certain thought patterns affect the way we communicate with others, relate to ourselves, respond to the world, and contribute to the kind of reality we find ourselves living in.
We can see where we’d like to wake up, where we’d like to devote our consciousness. We’d even be able to participate in new thoughts, conjuring up new energy, without losing ourselves along the way.
All the Ways and Reasons I Choose to Think Happy Thoughts
You are a conscious being; therefore, you’re absolutely powerful enough to direct the thoughts that flow through you with intention. You’re capable of forging new pathways, bending reality as you feel inspired to do so, because your capacity to transcend the pathways themselves is in your nature.Reality is the co-creation of spirit and matter; experiences are shaped by both. Click To Tweet
In light of your power to choose, to shift, to evolve, and to realize new preferences without getting lots in them, here are some supportive statements (sub-affirmations, if you will) to activate your higher awareness.
Consider these words to be guides; they can guide you back home, to a conscious state from which you can see all the ways and reasons a shift in perception can help you craft a more loving reality for yourself, and all those who meet you.
- My appreciation for all sides, the light and the dark of my human experience, actively lifts my perspective to see the gems that are buried all around, and within.
- When I opt for an optimistic approach to any given situation, I notice that solutions appear seemingly out of nowhere; I see what is possible, and I see that dormant possibilities have been with me all along.
- I am allowed to believe in any thought that I wish, through practice, because I am a child of humanity, and that is a gift that was bestowed upon me at birth. I am allowed to rise higher than any beliefs I energize, too, because I am a child of the universe.
- I live in a world where preferences can be born (what a miracle!) and these preferences evolve with me. I contribute new energy to the world with each preference I shift.
- Consciously choosing to think happy thoughts is an act of great self-love and love for the highest good of all I connect with.
- Every time I act in accordance with my own truths, and with the intention of energizing the loving perceptions I hold, my defenses fall away, my heart opens, I can serve wholeheartedly, and I can maintain myself while I try to create the reality I want to create.
- An open heart and a quiet mind seem to be the way to hear the whispers of my soul, the answers that cannot be spoken and the truths that are forgotten when I have forgotten myself.
- How do you want your life to feel?
- Have you ever experienced a moment where you felt as though you were watching everything happen, part of it yet not tethered to it? What “gifts” did this awareness grant you?
Please share your thoughts on “paving a new pathway” for yourself, favorite excerpts and sentiments from this affirmation, and any helpful or hopeful stories of a personal shift with me in the comments.
Honor the light in another that is also in you; share this affirmation with a kindred flame.
Whatever situation arises, see the thoughts you harbor toward it; see the thought as if it was an object outside of you. If it contributes to a fearful reality, it wants to move through you. If it contributes to a loving reality, it wants to move through you, too. Let it all move through you.