I feel SO much better (and I’m easier to be around) when I nourish myself with the appropriate amount of sleep, exercise, and healthy food; if I don’t, I feel off. If you’re the same way, I have a feeling you’ll appreciate these cooling, energizing, and thirst-quenching summer smoothies.
“Nourishing myself is a joyful experience, and I am worth the time spent on my healing.” – Louise Hay
I’m a huge smoothie person. Smoothies are notoriously easy to make, quick to prepare, and extremely open to customization. It’s hard to mess up a smoothie (though I’ve done it before), but you can usually just keep playing with the ingredients until it’s drinkable.
I understand the joy found in preparing a three-course meal, but that’s just not my cup of tea. The easier it is to make a healthy meal, the more fun I have.
In honor of my fellow smoothie-lovers, I did a little happy researching and found half a dozen summer smoothies worthy of our time and taste buds.
Enjoy, and let me know which one you’re trying next!
6 Satisfying Summer Smoothies to Keep You Cool, Calm & Collected
1. Calming Piña Colada Smoothie
Packed with anti-inflammatory properties (thanks to the pineapple), antioxidants (thanks to the banana), and stress-relief power (courtesy of the magnesium), this smoothie tastes as delicious as it sounds.
- 1 teaspoon Natural Calm Magnesium powder, Lemon flavor
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 medium frozen banana
- ½ cup coconut milk beverage
For directions, see the original recipe from Calmful Living.
2. Raspberry Sunrise Smoothie
This 4-ingredient raspberry and mango smoothie is refreshingly easy to make and fun to drink. Perfect for all occasions: morning boost, post-workout refuel, afternoon treat, or midnight snack.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2/3 cup orange juice
For directions, see the original recipe from Damn Delicious.
3. Pineapple Berry Smoothie
Boasting a healthy serving of protein and just the right amount of sweetness, this silky-smooth smoothie is soul-soothing. If you need a boost (mind, body, spirit), this might be your blender’s new best friend.
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 medium bananas, ripened, sliced and frozen
- ¾ cup almond milk, plus more if needed
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
For directions, see the original recipe from Beaming Baker.
4. Cherry Peach Yogurt Smoothie
In my taste buds’ opinion, this smoothie has it all: the rich color and tartness of cherries and the creamy sweetness of peaches.
- 2 medium peaches (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 1 cup pitted cherries (fresh/frozen)
- 1½ cup fat free yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 tsp honey (optional) (Really Raw honey is my favorite)
- ½ cup filtered water ( optional)
- 1 cup crushed ice
For directions, see the original recipe from Natural Fitness Diet.
5. Watermelon Peach Smoothie
Starring two fresh seasonal gems, this smoothie screams summer with four ingredients and serious thirst-quenching abilities. It’s a satisfying go-to treat to chill out with on a hot summer day.
- 3 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 ripe peach sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk refrigerated, not canned
- handful of ice
- mint for garnish
For directions, see the original recipe from Seasonal Cravings.
6. Peach and Basil Smoothie
Lightness is this smoothie’s middle name (I think… I haven’t asked). If you like peach (can you tell that I do?) and basil, I think you’re going to really like this creation.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup peaches
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit to taste (or any sweetener of your choice)
- Optional: 2 ounces water
For directions, see the original recipe from The Chopra Center.
Please share your favorite summer smoothies, self-care practices, body-positive routines, and healthy “musts” with me in the comments.
Share these summer smoothies with someone who’d love to try them!
Calm interior… Cool exterior.