This post isn’t geared towards telling you how to sleep better; I’m sharing these sleep quotes to inspire your next restful night’s sleep because positive thoughts have a way of welcoming peaceful energy. I love sleep, so I couldn’t help but share my favorite quotes on the topic.
Taking care of ourselves is one of the most effective ways to take care of others.
I love to sleep, and not because I’m lazy or don’t have enough to do; I simply, sincerely love sleep because of its life-giving benefits and the way it fills me up with the energy I need to live the way I want to live.
(I’m not going to list off the research for you here, but here’s an interesting article with a bunch of benefits of sleep if you’re interested.)
I also love to hunt and gather inspiring quotes that point to an abundant life and all the ways we can live one. That’s why today I’m sharing a bunch of sleep quotes to inspire what you absolutely need for optimal health and functioning: enough quality sleep.
Grateful plug: My book, Sleep Affirmations: 200 Phrases for a Deep and Peaceful Sleep, comes out in less than a month! (You can pre-order at an amazing price, by the way.) Learn more about the book right here. It’s full of soul-soothing, heart-filling, stress-relieving poetry and imagery, which is perfect for bedtime.You're not the only one who benefits from a good night's sleep: everyone around you will benefit from you being your best, most rested self. tell a friend
We need enough quality sleep to perform and be our best, and developing a relaxing pre-bedtime routine is crucial if you want to create a healthier overall lifestyle.
Side note: To my surprise, it was a bit of a challenge to find quality, positive sleep quotes. (Though collecting quotes seems easy, it’s quite another thing to gather quality quotes worth sharing here.)
Anywho, maybe you’d like to save your favorites, write them down, and keep them by your bedside. Reading/repeating positive, inspiring words before I fall asleep has helped me fall asleep fast (just ask my boyfriend) and stay asleep longer.
20 Inspiring Sleep Quotes to Incorporate into Your Bedtime Routine
1. “For the body, first—sleep, and enough of it, is the prime necessity. Enough exercise, and good food and enough, are other necessities. But sleep—good sleep, and enough of it—this is a necessity without which you cannot have the exercise of use, nor the food.” — Edward Everett Hale
2. “Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama
3. “When I’m worried and cannot sleep I count my blessings instead of sheep.” — Bing Crosby“We read in bed because reading is halfway between life and dreaming.” — Anna Quindlen tweet this
5. “The way to a more productive, more inspired, more joyful life is getting enough sleep.” — Arianna Huffington, The Sleep Revolution
6. “If you get tired learn to rest, not to quit.” — Banksy
7. “It’s easier to sleep when you don’t believe in all the negative thoughts you think.” — Jennifer Williamson“When we are asleep in this world, we are awake in another.” — Unknown Author tweet this
9. “Sleep might be the most important aspect of building a great business, and having a high-performing body.” — Lewis Howes
10. “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.” — Irish Proverb
11. “Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move mountains.” — Unknown Author“The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep.” — E. Joseph Cossman tweet this
13. “The universality of sleep suggests its origins are as old as animal life on earth, an estimated six hundred million years. It also implies that sleep is more than a creature comfort. It is a requirement for life on this planet.” — Kat Duff, The Secret Life of Sleep
14. “Finish each day before you begin the next, and interpose a solid wall of sleep between the two.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” — John Steinbeck
16. “By helping us keep the world in perspective, sleep gives us a chance to refocus on the essence of who we are. And in that place of connection, it is easier for the fears and concerns of the world to drop away.” — Arianna Huffington, The Sleep Revolution“Through sleep, you disconnect from the world so that you can reconnect with your soul.” — Jennifer Williamson tweet this
18. “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” — Mahatma Gandhi
19. “Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” — Thomas Dekker
20. “There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.” — Homer
I shared a sneak peek of Sleep Affirmations earlier this week: Read three affirmations from the book!
What habits, practices, activities, or products help you fall asleep easier (and stay asleep)?
Share your favorite sleep quotes and any tried-and-true bedtime routines that help you snooze better—with me in the comments.
Have a friend who loves sleep like we do? Share these quotes with them!
You deserve a good night’s sleep—not just tonight, but tomorrow night too.
Love and moonlight,