Learning is a gift even when pain is your teacher. Loss, whatever form it takes in our lives, seems to be the most common form of human suffering–though I don’t think it’s the cause. The cause of our suffering is how we relate to that perceived loss, and seeing every learning opportunity as a gift is one way I’m turning pain into power.
“There is no greater power in the Universe than the power of love. The feeling of love is the highest frequency you can emit. If you could wrap every thought in love, if you could love everything and everyone, your life would be transformed.” – Rhonda Byrne, The Secret
In the spirit of healing our hurts, let’s turn our mistakes into lessons and our fears into hopes. Let’s allow our wounds to transform us into more compassionate people, the kind of people who seek the seeds of gratitude in our tragedies.
When you’re tempted to believe that you’re alone in your suffering, or that you’re a victim of painful circumstances, intentionally allow yourself to soften into who you really are: you are not alone; you are loved and you are love.
Pain can change you, and it’s likely that it will (or already has). This truth doesn’t have to be a bad thing; it can be a very good, beautiful transformation that you go through. With this intention and perception, your scars suddenly speak of wisdom. Your past instantly dissolves into a combination of loving memories and invaluable life lessons.
You can learn to give up fighting against the initial wound and vow to grow with the opportunities it presented to you.
It’s not easy to transform pain into power, but people do it every single day.
In the quiet moments of courage, we can choose to love again. In the dark moments of temptation, we can opt for faith instead of despair. Those everyday tests and frustrations become shining opportunities to forgive and trust the process–it all becomes a gift through our eyes. And this all happens one moment, one conscious choice at a time.
May these quotes serve your positive transformation and your commitment to loving yourself and each another through this sometimes painful journey.
20 Quotes to Transform Pain into Power
1. “We are not meant to stay wounded. We are supposed to move through our tragedies and challenges and to help each other move through the many painful episodes of our lives. By remaining stuck in the power of our wounds, we block our own transformation. We overlook the greater gifts inherent in our wounds—the strengths to overcome them and the lessons that we are meant to receive through them. Wounds are the means through which we enter the hearts or other people. They are meant to teach us to become compassionate and wise.” – Caroline Myss
2. “Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.” – Helen Keller
4. “Most people are slow to champion love because they fear the transformation it brings into their lives. And make no mistake about it: love does take over and transform the schemes and operations of our egos in a very mighty way.” – Aberjhani
5. “Healing is a return to love. Illness and death are often painful lessons in how much we love, but they are lessons nonetheless. Sometimes it takes the knife that emotionally pierces our heart, to pierce the walls that lie in front of it.” – Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love
6. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell
8. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement and acceptance.” – John Lennon
9. “Holding on to pain, anger, guilt or shame is the glue that binds us to the situation we want to escape.” – Iyanla Vanzant
10. “If you can sit with your pain, listen to your pain and respect your pain—in time you will move through your pain.” – Bryant McGill
12. “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.” – Eckhart Tolle
13. “Transformation without work and pain, without suffering, without a sense of loss is just an illusion of true change.” – Wm. Paul Young
14. “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.” – Ben Okri
16. “All great spirituality is about what we do with our pain. If we do not transform our pain, we will transmit it to those around us.” – Richard Rohr
17. “Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there’s always something we could be grateful for.” – Barry Neil Kaufman
18. “Authentic power is building something inside of you, which you cannot lose and that no one can take from you.” – Gary Zukav
20. “The greatest gift we can give to a person in pain is to hold in our own minds the thought that there is a light beyond this darkness.” – Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love
- In what small ways have you transformed pain into power, fear to faith, grief into gratitude, and suffering into loving opportunities?
- In what small ways are you willing to try today?
- Do you have any positive beginnings that came from painful endings?
- What helps you choose peace instead of stress?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes, insights, lessons, and any experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone you care about.
Transforming your pain into power is proof that love exists in everything.