Because we all need a reminder (or twenty) that it’s all going to be okay, here are some insightful quotes to make you feel better about life and your function in it.
“You will know you made the right decision; you feel the stress leaving your body, your mind, your life.” – Brigitte Nicole
These are not just quotes to make you feel better about yourself, but ideas to inspire you to feel better about your place in this world and your potential impact on reality. You are contributing to the world with every thought you think, every word you speak, and every action you take.
It is your task alone to alter the world as you see it by focusing on how you experience your experiences, yet it is the combined energized intentions of us all that will bring about positive change.
If we feel better about how life has played out–because we know we have a choice and another chance to positively influence the world—we can own our responsibility to bring the light and, as Mahatma Gandhi proposed, become the change we wish to see.
It is only the limits to our faith, suggests Marianne Williamson, and not the limits of our circumstances, that prevents us from experiencing miracles.
You can take the next right step without seeing the whole staircase. Trusting that the universe knows how to organize itself, you can trust that you’re walking in the right direction so long as you remain committed to walking in gratitude and love for the journey. And if you deviate from that path, it’s comforting to remember that you can always rearrange your perception and step back into love.
Melody Beattie speaks to the truth of journeying through life, as she writes in her book, The Language of Letting Go: “It is easy to be negative about past mistakes and unhappiness. But it is much more healing to look at ourselves and our past in the light of experience, acceptance, and growth. Our past is a series of lessons that advance us to higher levels of living and loving.”
If you find yourself at battle with your life, may you find a place to lay your weapons down. Focus on a new internal space and a new energy you can embody, one that doesn’t fight and struggle with what is, but faces and works with what it finds.
Though it may be difficult to see the positive opportunities in the midst of chaotic or depressing times, let’s not confuse tough choices with having no choice at all. Let’s not confuse a painful experience with a bad life. We have the capacity to cultivate an inner light that becomes the foundation that we stand on in high or low tide.
What is changing outside cannot truly touch what is changeless in us.
Here are a handful of quotes to make you feel better about your past, present, and future. Life can be different for you if you really want it to be, and that is the truth.
If you ever forget how blessed you are to be living, I hope these words remind you that the whole universe is inside you, and you are not alone–nor are you misunderstood, unloved, unheard, or too young, old, short, tall, big, small, this or that to live a life that’s nothing short of amazing.
20 Quotes to Make You Feel Better about Life’s Possibilities
1. “Every single day is a good day no matter how bright or dark it is, because it always brings an opportunity to start a positive beginning in your life.” – Edmond Mbiaka
2. “Peace starts with suffering. Freedom starts with confinement. Courage starts with fear. Strength starts with surrender. Every mountain starts from beneath the earth, and you too, shall rise.” – Medusa
3. “Know that the discomfort will not be permanent. Do not try to figure out how you shall feel or when you shall feel differently. Instead, trust. Accept today, but do not be limited by it… A new energy is coming. A new feeling is on the way. We cannot predict how it will be by looking at how it was or how it is, because it shall be entirely different.” – Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go
5. “Divine organization is inherent in all things. The larger plan is not mine to know and not mine to create; it is simply mine to follow. As a cell contains a natural intelligence by which it fosters the healthy functioning of the body, I too have natural intelligence that fosters the perfect unfolding of my life. My natural intelligence is love, and as long as I cleave to that and that only, all things good and true and peaceful will find their way to me.” – Marianne Williamson, A Year of Miracles
6. “When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
8. “When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: There will be ground to stand. Or you will be given wings to fly.” – O.R. Melling
9. “Is our past a mistake? No. The only mistake we can make is mistaking that for the truth.” – Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go
11. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale
12. “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth.”– Unknown
13. “With enough focus, time, effort, and dedication, I believe I can learn to do what must be done and become who I must become to achieve my dreams.” – Brendon Burchard
15. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
16. “Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” – Charlie Jones
17. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
19. “There is an ancient peace you carry in your heart and have not lost.” – A Course in Miracles
20. “If you are feeling low or trampled, unappreciated or forgotten and you are reading this, realize it is an illusion. The hope is real, you are valued, and what lies ahead is brilliance.” – Tom Althouse
- What thoughts make you feel better about life?
- What in your past are you grateful for, and are you willing to release the pain through forgiveness?
- What about the future are you hopeful for?
- How can you magnetize love in the world today?
- Can you show up with full presence and embrace your power to change the way you look at things?
Please share your favorite quotes that help you feel better, healing insights, lessons learned that you’re grateful for, words of encouragement, and any inspiring stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone who could use a healing thought, or twenty.
And so, I say to myself: “The magnet for positive guidance and support is the love within me. I have lessons still to learn. My only real assignment, one that will keep showing up for me, is to magnetize, harbor, and spread the love I wish to see, feel, and live in.”