As we enter a new season of expansion, we might certainly feel the strain and discomfort of a process beginning, or of one that continues to unfold. These quotes are wonderful representations of how self-compassion and hope can carry us through all the seasons of life.
“I notice that Autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Patterns and comforts may fall away. You may lose something you thought you could never live without. It’s true that you could think you can’t go on, even while you keep going. All seasons of life provide us with ample opportunity to understand the unforced nature of grace.
We’re not stuck in any situation, which is something we’re reminded of as one season collapses into the next. Life is both spontaneous and cyclic. We hurt and we heal, we build and release, and it’s all part of the same process. A dying leaf is just as much a reminder that we’re going home as the new bud of spring.Worthwhile things grow in the dirt of imperfection. Click To Tweet
In the most unlikely of places, we make a real connection, find grace falling upon us, or remember what forgiveness really means. A miracle takes no time, really, and perhaps in our waiting, there are countless miracles already in formation.
If you’re in a hurry to get THERE, may these simple quotes ground you in the truth that every single shifting season shares an inherent capacity for new life. Being able to embrace the changing seasons of life is about being HERE. What we’re embracing is what’s going to offer life, whether that looks like growth, sounds like stillness, or feels like compassion.
There is grace in every transition—we’re captured in its net of love when we allow. Resistance hinders the process, no matter what the process entails, and no matter where it leads.
We want to know where this road is going, when this discomfort will end, when this phase will fall away, but in the meantime we’re encouraged to embrace what we can. Though it seems slightly impossible at times, we try anyway, and then there’s this opening, and a new season begins.
20 Quotes to Help You Embrace (and Not Stifle) All the Seasons of Life
1. “Every season is one of becoming, but not always one of blooming. Be gracious with your ever-evolving self.” — B. Oakman
2. “Be aware of what season you are in and give yourself the grace to be there.” — Kristen Dalton
3. “Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry—all forms of fear—are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non-forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.” — Eckhart Tolle“There is purpose in your season of waiting.” — Megan Smalley Click To Tweet
5. “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” — Ecclesiastes
6. “The blessedness of waiting is lost on those who cannot wait, and the fulfillment of promise is never theirs. They want quick answers to the deepest questions of life and miss the value of those times of anxious waiting, seeking with patient uncertainties until the answers come. They lose the moment when the answers are revealed in dazzling clarity.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
7. “Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety.” — A Course in Miracles
8. “All the trees are losing their leaves, and not one of them is worried.” — Donald MillerWhen you think you've surrendered, surrender some more. @GabbyBernstein Click To Tweet
10. “When the winds of change blow, remember… sometimes what appears dead is simply preparing for a new season.” — Jane Lee Logan
11. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” — Alan W. Watts
12. “I don’t know what lies around the bend, but I’m going to believe that the best does.” — Anne of Green Gables“Joy is not a season, it’s a way of living.” — Kalley Heiligenthal Click To Tweet
14. “Gratitude for the turning of the seasons. May we attune our hearts to their enduring message of renewal.” — Kristin Granger
15. “If you stay stuck in the past season or fixated on the future season, you will miss the one you’re in.” — Maree Dee
16. “You’ll never get anywhere if you go about what-iffing like that.” — Roald Dahl“There are years that ask questions, and years that answer.” — Zora Neale Huston Click To Tweet
18. “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.” — Mandy Hale
19. “The moment in between what you once were, and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place.” — Barbara De Angelis
20. “Embrace the current season of your life.” — Gabrielle Blair
Please share your favorite quotes, lessons learned through any significant transition, what practices and thoughts help you to trust the timing of your life, and any hopeful stories of renewed life with me in the comments.
Offer an opening for someone; share these quotes with them to honor their capacity for new life.
Do what you can to honor HERE.