Above all other voices, listen to your heart. Trust this internal guidance system to lead you up the right path. The more you tune in to the frequency of your inner voice, the more easily it can communicate with you, and the happier you will be.
When I listen to my heart, I remember that love is the answer and it is the way out of suffering.
Sometimes, you need to take a step back and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be. It’s easy to let the noise of the world silence the whispers of the heart, but you cannot live a life that feels like your own if you avoid the truth of who you are and negate the potential of who you can be.
“It’s impossible” said pride.
“It’s risky” said experience.
“It’s pointless” said reason.
“Give it a try” whispered the heart.
Your instincts are messages from your soul, the inner part of you that knows you are whole and all is well. When you listen to your heart, you’re paying attention to these signals and staying on course with what’s of the highest good for the evolution of your consciousness.
All you need is already within, but it’s hard to see that or even believe it when you’re drowning in the noise of the ego and its wishes (i.e. misery, suffering). The ego would have you believe you’re small, separate, and wrong; your heart would have you see the truth, which is none of those things. Ego is the unconscious; your heart is the conscious.
If you ever feel lost, off-course, or doubtful, let these quotes be a reminder for you to listen to your heart and focus on the gentle reassurance within that you are more than your doubts, because joy is at your core.
Listen to Your Heart, Because It Knows the Way
1. “Intuition literally means learning from within. Most of us were not taught how to use this sense, but all of us know well that ‘gut’ feeling. Learn to trust your inner feeling and it will become stronger. Avoid going against your better judgment or getting talked into things that just don’t feel right.” – Doe Zantamata
2. “Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself.” – Cicero
3. “You have permission to walk away from anything that doesn’t feel right. Trust your instincts and listen to your inner-voice – it’s trying to protect you.” – Bryant McGill
5. “The more you trust your intuition, the more empowered you become, the stronger you become, and the happier you become.” – Gisele Bundchen
6. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They someone already know what you truly want to become. The rest is secondary.” – SPJ
7. “Good instincts usually tell you what to do before your head has figured it out.” – Michael Burke
9. “Your mind knows only somethings. Your inner voice, your instinct, knows everything. If you listen to what you know instinctively, it will always lead you down the right path.” – Henry Winkler
10. “When we trust and follow our instincts, we are living authentically. We are making choices that are aligned with who we are.” – Fran Sorin
11. “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” – Albert Einstein
13. “Knowing yourself is to be rooted in being, instead of lost in your mind.” – Eckhart Tolle
14. “Follow the tugs that come from the heart. I think that everyone gets these gentle urges and should listen to them. Even if they sound absolutely insane, they may be worth going with.” – Victoria Moran
15. “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
17. “If you don’t follow your heart, you might spend the rest of your life wishing you had.” – Brigitte Nicole
18. “Listen to your own voice, your own soul; too many people listen to the noise of the world instead of themselves.” – Leon Brown
19. “The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something our hearts know is a lie.” – Karen Moning
21. “Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.” – Steve Jobs
22. “Trust your hunches. They’re usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.” – Dr. Joyce Brothers
23. “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” – Lao Tzu
25. “Listen to your heart. It knows all things, because it came from the Soul of the World and it will one day return there.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
26. “The Universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.” – Rumi
27. “Intuition is a method of feeling one’s way intellectually into the inner heart of a thing to locate what is unique and inexpressible in it.” – Henri Bergson
28. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.” – Steve Jobs
30. “Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “I believe in intuition and inspiration… at times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason.” – Albert Einstein
32. “Listen to your intuition. It will tell you everything you need to know.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
34. “When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks.” – Bob Dylan
35. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
36. “You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it is better to listen to what it has to stay.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
38. “Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows.” – Native American Proverb
39. “It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover.” – Henry Poincare
40. “At times you have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” – Alan Alda
- Which of these quotes speaks to you?
- Are you willing to slow down, quiet your mind, and listen to your heart today?
- What practices help you tune in to your inner wisdom, internal guidance system, or intuition?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes, lessons in acceptance and stillness, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone who might appreciate the message.
Listen to your heart, for it knows the way.