Following your dreams leads you down a miraculous path. These quotes are meant to keep you company during your bold journey toward a life you love calling your own. I hope you stay inspired to create the reality in which your intentions come to life on a daily basis.
Your dream can be anything that lights you up from the inside out.
Your dream might be to live your life to the fullest, reconnect with a deep sense of joy, be successful at doing this or that, or live an inspired life on your own terms. Your dream(s) might be closely connected to financial prosperity, but it’s not necessary.
The emotional essence of our dream is our Why. In other words, how we want to feel is at the heart of every dream. How the dream plays out, what is required of us, what obstacles we face, and where we ultimately want to be in life are secondary; the feeling underneath the form our dream takes is the primary factor in manifesting our external reality.
Before you list out all the ways you’d like your life to be different, know the answer to this question (know your Why): How do you want to feel?
In pursuit of your dreams, remember that you are enough and you are not lacking in anything you need right now to become the best, happiest, truest, highest version of yourself.
You will learn and you will grow, but there’s a place inside of you that remains unchanged. This is who you are, it’s your light, and you can bring that light with you wherever you go.
Whatever it is that you feel passionate about, and whatever you’re curious about, I hope these quotes about following your dreams encourage you to keep that passion and curiosity alive.
30 Quotes about Following Your Dreams and Living a Life That Feels Like Your Own
1. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” – Rumi
2. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
3. “Dream big and dare to fail.” – Norman Vaughan
4. “Believe with all of your heart that you will do what you were made to do.” – Orison Swett Marden
6. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
7. “What is now proved was once only imagined.” – William Blake
8. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
9. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
10. “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed.” – Sid Caesar
14. “To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard
15. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
16. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
19. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
20. “The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.” – Joel Brown
21. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
22. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
24. “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
25. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
26. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
27. “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” – William Arthur Ward
29. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States from 1933-1945
30. “The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it.” – Debbi Fields
Please share your favorite quotes about following your dreams, lessons learned on your journey so far, helpful insights, words of encouragement, or any inspiring stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone you think would appreciate a little inspiration today.
You are enough and you are loved, and you are meant to live your life as only you can.