Your struggle is part of your story, but it’s not your whole story. Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life, and these quotes about struggling can help to shed some hopeful light on your journey.
“There is no order of difficulties in miracles. One is not ‘harder’ or ‘bigger’ than another. They are all the same. All expressions of love are maximal.” – A Course in Miracles
There are secret opportunities hiding inside every mistake, and unlimited potential for a miracle to happen inside every struggle. Sometimes, your greatest strengths come from your deepest struggles. Have always cause for hope, for there is no order of difficulties in miracles.“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James Click To Tweet
When you feel broken down, remember that you’re more than any feeling failure could bring. You’re not a shattered soul; your humanness is a precious mosaic of the struggles you have surpassed and the trials you have yet to (but will) transcend. Your spirit remains untouched by struggle, but you can feel disconnected from that part of yourself.
Stop struggling, and you can float–we can’t direct the winds or alter the current, but we can adjust our sails in accordance.
I hope these quotes about struggling inspire you to keep hope alive in your heart, because hope is stronger than fear. And you’re stronger than you could ever imagine.
27 Quotes about Struggling to Inspire Hope
1. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” – Stephen Hawking
3. “The struggle of life is one of our greatest blessings. It makes us patient, sensitive, and Godlike. It teaches us that although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen KellerLove is the surest way through the struggle. – J.W. Click To Tweet
5. “Bad times have scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “When hope is not pinned wriggling into a shiny image or expectation, it sometimes floats forth and opens.” – Anne Lamott
7. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela“If you only walk on sunny days, you’ll never reach your destination.” – Paulo Coelho Click To Tweet
9. “Strength doesn’t come from your winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Unknown
10. “Embrace the struggle and let it make you stronger. It won’t last forever.” – Tony Gaskins
11. “The inspiration to keep going is often birthed from the very moment you are about to quit.” – J.W.“It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle Onassis Click To Tweet
13. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
14. “As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.” – Eckhart Tolle
15. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey“You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated.” – Maya Angelou Click To Tweet
17. “Just like the lotus we too have the ability to rise from the mud, bloom out of the darkness and radiate into the world.” – Unknown
18. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
19. “Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.” – Rumi“You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore Click To Tweet
21. “This experience is temporary, not permanent. This moment is a pause.” – J.W.
22. “Without the rain, flowers don’t grow. Without challenges, neither do you.” – John Di Lemme
23. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” – Margaret Drabble Click To Tweet
25. “We are all in the gutter. But some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
26. “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don’t give up.” – Anne Lamott
27. “Your greatest test is when you are able to bless someone else while you are going through your own storm.” – Unknown
- Which of these quotes about struggling inspired you to keep going, and to keep smiling?
- When you feel defeated, what reminds you that you’re more than what happens to you?
Please share your own quotes, thoughts, lessons learned, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone you care about.
And know that if you’re struggling with anything that’s stealing your joy and peace, you can reach out to me, anytime.
Eventually all things fall into place. Keep looking at the stars…