When things get a little messy, you still retain one great power. These quotes about strength aren’t about forcing ourselves to be what we’re not or to make it all happen, but they remind us that true strength is based in deep love, and a trust that nothing is ever left undone.
“All your power is in your awareness of that power.” – Rhonda Byrne, The Secret
Darker times tend to be soul-searching times. There is value in facing our fears head-on and feeling the pain, keeping in mind that at any given moment you have the power to change your world by changing your mind about yourself.
The beliefs you hold about yourself carry with them a propensity for healing, if you only stay willing to hold healing thoughts about yourself. Believing that you’re always in the right place at the right time, for instance, heals the belief that you’re not supposed to be experiencing this, and that life is “wrong.”
The only requirement for being in the right place at the right time is believing that you always are.
Not every season of your life is the season to launch, the time to say yes, or the place to stand strong in what you’ve always believed to be true. It is, however, always the right time to tend to the flickering flame of hope inside.
At the core of each experience, I think life is an act of trust.
When you know something is emerging in your life–whether it looks good or bad while it’s happening–be courageous enough to give it space. Otherwise, you may miss the miracle. Tending to hope in dreary times is strength. Tending to the potential of a miracle in a time of despair is strength.
Tending to your beliefs, whether they’re positive or negative, and honoring the season of your life is strength. It may be exhausting and you may not feel very strong, but the power to change your mind about yourself never leaves you: being open to a countering belief, to something you’ve never thought before, is being strong.
When life feels crappy, stay connected to the power of the simplicity of being present in your own company.
Whatever you’re handling right now, know that it’s not going to be forever. If you’re in the winter season, it too will pass. If it’s not your time to feel strong, support that feeling with the notion that it’s okay to feel that way, and the strength will emerge.
When you feel out of alignment with a joyful presence, I hope these quotes about strength help you remember your own innate worth, power, and potential for healing. You are loved, and this is all just a simple reminder of that unshakeable truth.
20 Quotes about Strength to Support Your Innate Power to Pick a New Thought
1. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” – Brené Brown
2. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Grief is a nasty game of feeling the weakest you have ever felt and morphing it into the strongest person you will have to become.” – Windgate Lane
5. “At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” – Christine Mason Miller
6. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change.” – Brené Brown
7. “You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” – The Wizard of Oz
9. “Other people are going to find healing in your wounds. Your greatest life messages and your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts.” – Rick Warren
10. “Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.” – Sigmund Freud
11. “Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they are never weakness.” – Brené Brown
12. “Open your hands, if you want to be held.” – Rumi
14. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
15. “Loving ourselves through the process of owning our story is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
16. “It’s OK if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” – Collette Werden
17. “Our wholeness depends on the alliance of all aspects of our story, not just the good times. We can’t pick and choose which experiences support a loving vision for our lives; we must pick them all to love at all.” – J. W.
19. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher
20. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
- Think of one time you thought you’d never make it through: how did you make it through?
- What’s one notion, one heartfelt belief, that keeps you grounded in struggle and hopeful in what can be?
Please share your thoughts, favorite quotes about strength, personal lessons in living, and any inspiring stories of transformation and peace with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about strength with someone you believe in.
It takes strength to start over, and if you can’t do that right now, you’ll find strength just by being here with yourself, right now.
Free watercolor texture by WanderingSoul-Stox; lettering by Aim Happy.