These quotes about mistakes will remind you that you’re bigger than any of your missteps. You’re more than anything that’s happened to you and you’re capable of more than you may realize. Failure doesn’t happen by falling down, but by staying down.
“My sun sets to rise again.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Life doesn’t come with instructions. You are human. You are imperfect. You were not born to fake perfection, but to fall down and rise again on this bumpy but beautiful road called life.
Be humble enough to admit your mistakes, because we all make them. Messing up means we’re trying. What matters is how we grow from our experiences. We can’t always go back and erase our blunders, but we can pick up where we left off and continue the journey with a little more humor, humbleness, and authenticity.Mistakes are meant to guide you, not define you. Click To Tweet
Don’t let one mistake ruin a beautiful thing. Don’t let one mistake, or even hundreds of them, define a beautiful life. Do not let any mistake make you forget about all the good things that have been happened.
Practice accepting yourself as you are, put love into your decisions, and move forward with the deep knowledge that everything is possible, and everything is going to be okay in the end.
May this collection of quotes about mistakes remind you to keep building on the lessons.
30 Quotes about Mistakes to Inspire You to Try Something New
1. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “Mistakes are inevitable. The comeback is more important than the setback.” – Unknown“Learn from your history but don’t live in it.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli Click To Tweet
5. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Groucho Marx
6. “Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.” – Edmund Burke
7. “To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all.” – Peter McWilliams“Mistakes are the portals of discovery.” – James Joyce Click To Tweet
9. “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep.” – Scott Adams
10. “It’s always helpful to learn from your mistakes because then your mistakes seem worthwhile.” – Gary Marshall
11. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not lived at all. In which case, you’ve failed by default.” – J.K. Rowling“Every mistake adds marginally to your wisdom bank.” – M.K. Soni Click To Tweet
13. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
14. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one .” – Elbert Hubbard
15. “Admitting our mistakes is a sign of maturity and wisdom. We learn more from knowing our mistakes.” – Dr. T.P. Chia“You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” – Maxwell Maltz Click To Tweet
17. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
18. “Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.” – Phyllis Theroux
19. “We are human. We are not perfect. We are alive. We try things. We make mistakes. We stumble. We rise again. We try again. We keep learning. We keep growing. And we are thankful for this priceless opportunity called life.” – Unknown“Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.” – Oscar Wilde Click To Tweet
21. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernard Shaw
22. “I’ve learned so much from my mistakes… I’m thinking of making a few more.” – Unknown
23. “Mistakes fail in their mission of helping the person who blames them on the other fellow.” – Henry Haskins“Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee Click To Tweet
25. “By seeking and blundering we learn.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
26. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” – Dale Carnegie
27. “Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.” – Henry Ford“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein Click To Tweet
29. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
30. “There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they’re necessary to reach the places we’ve chosen to go.” – Richard Bach
- What precious lessons have you learned from your mistakes so far?
- What mistakes have helped you grow into a better version of yourself?
Please share your thoughts, favorites quotes about mistakes, helpful insights, lessons learned, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone who deserves some peace of mind.
It’s all good, and it’s all going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.