The quotes about love in this post are dedicated to the journey we’re all on, the journey that’s uniquely our own yet intertwined with everything. Some may say we’re not human beings on a spiritual journey, but spiritual beings on a human journey. In either case, let these quotes about love be a tribute to the journey we’re all on together.
“Our journey is about being more deeply involved in life and yet, less attached to it.” – Ram Dass
That’s just the thing about life: We’re learning to be in love with it, unconditionally loving toward it, so that we can fully, deeply, and authentically live it to the best of our ability.
Maybe the journey of life isn’t so much about becoming anything other than who we really are; maybe it’s about “un-becoming” everything that doesn’t speak to who we were meant to be in the first place.“Love is the goal, life is the journey.” – Osho Click To Tweet
Love is more than a goal, and it’s more than an emotion we sometimes feel toward someone or something. I truly believe love is everything—it fuels all life, it is evidence of life, and it is life. As the great Mahatma Gandhi once said, “Where there is love, there is life.”
Contrary to what some may believe, my stance on love is that it’s the easiest thing in this world.
True love, the nature of what it really is, is unaffected by the wounds we might be tempted to inflict upon it, unaffiliated with pain, and unchanged by the labels we may apply to it. When we feel like love is somehow diminished or damaged, we must remember that what seems to be lacking is just forgotten.
Of course, the process of getting back to love isn’t always easy. It’s the process of “un-becoming” that is hard as a human. But once we’ve gotten back to love, we realize that love in its true sense is the easiest, most natural experience in the world.
What this all means is that we’re all here taking this journey together. Love is a journey we’re remembering, together. May these quotes about love serve as inspiration to embrace a compassionate stance and help each other along the way.
18 Quotes about Love Being a Journey
1. “Your task is not to see for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
2. “Our real journey in life is interior; it is a matter of growth, deepening, and of an ever greater surrender to the creative action of love and grace in our hearts. Never was it more necessary to respond to that action.” – Thomas Merton
3. “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” – Ursula LeGuin“The art of love is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis Click To Tweet
5. “Love is the spirit that motivates the artist’s journey.” – Eric Maisel
6. “Being driven is not the same as being passionate. Passion is a love for the journey. Drive is a need to reach the destination.” – Simon Sinek
7. “Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.” – Henri Frederic Amiel“To love yourself is a never-ending journey.” – Oprah Winfrey Click To Tweet
9. “Life is a journey and it’s about growing and changing and coming to terms with who and what you are and loving who and what you are.” – Kelly McGillis
10. “To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.” – Anna Louise Strong
11. “I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.” – Leo Buscaglia“Love is the beginning of the journey, its end, and the journey itself.” – Deepak Chopra Click To Tweet
13. “Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.” – Marianne Williamson
14. “Love cannot be forced, love cannot be coaxed or teased. It comes out of heaven, unasked and unsought.” – Pearl S. Buck
15. “Love is meant to be an adventure.” – Gordon B. Hinckley“We can only learn to love by loving.” – Iris Murdoch Click To Tweet
17. “Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family.” – Thomas S. Monson
18. “This itself is the whole of the journey, opening your heart to that which is lovely.” – Buddha
- What’s your resistance to love? What walls have you built against love?
- What walls have you broken down, or are working on breaking down?
- What unloving instincts and beliefs have you let go of, and how did it change your life?
- Are there any thoughts or practices that help you get back to love and feel better about this journey?
Please share your favorite quotes about love, any insights or lessons, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about love with someone who might appreciate them.
Acceptance, forgiveness, patience, kindness, progress, hope… all signs of love, evidence of life.