Hope is an essential ingredient in our happiness. Hope breathes meaning into our lives so long as we welcome it into our lives and let it come forth through us. These quotes about hope will encourage you to realign with your faith in your own capacity to overcome.
“Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety.” – A Course in Miracles
The above quote is like a whisper from my soul, letting me know that I’m going to be okay, and so it’s okay for me to enjoy this part of my journey. It usually takes a little rain for the rainbow to appear, of course, reminding me that there’s a better way to look at, and experience, life.
We must be willing to believe in that ray of hope, and to actively look for it and to not wait for a sign before we start looking.
Though hope is an essential ingredient in happiness, it’s not the only ingredient. We must become willing to show up in our lives with the courage to cultivate the energy we’re looking for in the first place. We’re in a better position to receive if we first resolve to give.
As Brendon Burchard says, “A power plant doesn’t have energy; it generates energy. You don’t have happiness; you generate happiness.”
When we meet our hopeful intentions with intentional action, we recognize that we have a role to play here. We’ll quickly realize that hope did not abandon us, but maybe it was just waiting for us to show up with love so it could make sure we really wanted a change.
Let the following quotes about hope fuel you with a deep reassurance that everything truly will be okay.
33 Quotes about Hope and Waiting without Anxiety
1. “Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent.” – Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
2. “We always kept in our hearts the most noble, beautiful feeling that sets human beings apart: hope.” – Manel Loureiro
3. “When hope is hungry, everything feeds it.” – Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
4. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
6. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
8. “Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.” – Joseph Addison
9. “Hope is a waking dream.” – Aristotle
11. “Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier.” – Author Unknown
12. “Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.” – George Iles
13. “My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.” – Maya Angelou
14. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
16. “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.'” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
17. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” – William Faulkner
18. “It’s amazing how a little tomorrow can make up for a whole lot of yesterday.” – John Guare, Landscape of the Body
19. “The wings of hope carry us, soaring high above the driving winds of life.” – Ana Jacob
20. “Hope rises like a phoenix from the ashes of shattered dreams.” – S.A. Sachs
22. “When the world says, ‘Give up,’ Hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time.’” – Author Unknown
23. “Hope is independent of the apparatus of logic.” – Norman Cousins
24. “Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.” – Lin Yutang
25. “The birds of hope are everywhere, listen to them sing.” – Terri Guillemets
27. “Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.” – George Weinberg
28. “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come.” – Anne Lamott
29. “Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway.” – Mary Kay Ash
30. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
31. “Never give up. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.” – Catherine Pulsifer
33. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
Please share your favorite quotes about hope, healing insights, lessons learned, and any inspiring stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about hope with someone who could use some inspiration today.
Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.