The best way to deactivate a negative thought is by activating a new positive thought, over and over again, habitually and earnestly. When you need a respite from stress, turn to these positive affirmations for stress relief, and start manifesting more joy.
“We are born in one day. We die in one day. We can change in one day. We can fall in love in one day. Anything can happen in one day.” Gayle Forman
The words you speak to yourself each day become, of course, the beliefs you color your experiences with. A belief is just a thought you keep thinking, and a thought can be changed.
Our recurring thoughts (negative and positive) are equipped with the miraculous power to become self-fulfilling. What we consistently repeat to ourselves, we end up embodying and living out. We’re equipped with the power to make our thoughts our reality–either our joys or our miseries come true, depending on which we feed.
With this comes in mind Robert Kiyosaki’s words: “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life; it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.”
- What do you whisper to yourself on a daily basis?
- What do you tell yourself when you’re feeling rushed, stuck in traffic, facing failure, going through a breakup, fighting with a loved one, relapsing into self-destructive behaviors, or overwhelmed by any difficulty?
- Do you repeat negative thoughts to yourself, or supportive, solution-minded statements?
- When you’re stressed out, which thoughts are you inclined to reach for?
This is why repeating positive affirmations—like, “Actually, I can” or “Good things are coming my way”—can have such a tremendous impact on our realities. When we make it a habit to reach for higher thoughts, we pave new pathways in our brain and we become naturally inclined to lean toward positive thoughts.
Start by gaining momentum inside by training yourself to see the good in things, and then the words you say out loud will follow in your thoughts’ footsteps.
By repeating positive affirmations, you can better manage stress in a healthy way.
You’re choosing to walk down a different path, one that does not glamorize stress but instead requests to see things differently. For every thought you have is a request that you send to the universe. You’re always asking, and every thought you ask is always manifesting something into your life.
Manifest more joy, abundance, hope, freedom, and love with these positive affirmations for stress relief. Believe in the magic and possibility of today.
15 Positive Affirmations for Stress Relief
1. I can move in a different direction. Right now, the best way to move away from something negative is to move toward something positive. I can do that.
2. There’s an option to love here. There’s an opportunity that I just need to find. What’s the most loving thing I can do right now? I can do that.
3. My true purpose has no time limit and no deadline. Nothing about my present circumstances can prevent me from making progress, one step at a time.
4. The joy I see in others is possible in me, too. Success that is outside myself is not evidence that I am losing, but proof that it’s possible for me, too. Supporting another’s success or happiness will never damper mine. I can try that.
5. Beautiful things emerge from the most unlikely places. What looks negative and feels painful on the surface is carving space in my life for something new and beautiful to emerge.Anything can happen in one day. I believe in the magic of today. Click To Tweet
6. Feeling stuck is a feeling and not a fact. Just as life will inevitably change, I too will grow with the seasons of my life. This feeling and this experience will surely pass.
7. One area of my life may not be flowing, but another area of my life is. This area of my life isn’t flowing right now, but it’s okay, because I know there’s a better way and I can find it. If I look to other areas of my life that are flowing, that have no resistance or fear or distress, I can extend that freedom and get unstuck.
8. I believe in my freedom. I believe I’m ready to release the resistance–to love, to peace, to joy, to anything I want–and I will be healed. The freedom from resistance is standing in front of me now. I’m ready to acknowledge it and to walk through it, unstained and one step closer to my truth. Freedom is truth. Resistance is just how I remember this truth again.
9. I’m willing to change how I’m experiencing my life. I’m ready for everything to begin to change. And so the change has begun.
10. I am the painter, but I am not the manager. I paint the picture that is my reality. I am the master of the world I see, but I am co-creating with the universe. The way I take control is to release control. I am not the manager. I am the painter.It's such a relief to know that we don't need to be in control of how everything plays out. Click To Tweet
11. My appreciation can really turn things around. I know it’s difficult to feel grateful right now, and it’s okay that I feel this way. I just know I can turn this all around if I try to be grateful for one tiny thing at a time. I can do that.
12. I can reach for a higher thought, and it doesn’t have to be the highest thought. If I experience depression or jealousy or powerlessness, I can reach for frustration or pessimism, and those are higher thoughts on the emotional scale. If I can get to optimism or even joy, that’s great, but I don’t have to reach that far right now. If I reach for whatever higher thought I can believe in right now, that’s enough. I can do that.
13. When everything falls apart, I have an opportunity to rebuild. This gives me the opportunity to witness all the resistance I carry against love. In the witnessing of that resistance, I can change my patterns. I can trust that this is shaking up my world in order to drop something good in my life. I trust it.
14. Everything is happening around me. Everything is happening for me. I am being taught and I am unlearning anything that keeps me from love and peace and joy. I am learning how to return to who I really am. I am truly taken care of. I am okay.
15. In this, and with this, there is something better. Something better is going to happen–it’s in the process of happening–only by me going through this. When something doesn’t happen exactly as I want, I know it’s a detour in a different and better direction. That’s what this is.
You may also find these posts helpful:
- 5 happy thoughts to make you feel better about life
- 38 happy thoughts to remind you of the good
- 33 positive thoughts to help you through hard times
- 6 mantras to spur positive thinking
- One question to transform negativity into positivity
- Peace begins with me, a short meditation
Which of these positive affirmations for stress might you be inclined to use next time you’re feeling less-than-joyful? What words do you speak to yourself when you want to feel better?
Please share your thoughts, lessons, favorite affirmations or mantras, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these positive affirmations for stress with someone who could use some peace today.
Which all reminds me of something Brené Brown said: “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”