With each new day comes new strength and inspiration to see things in a new light. These perspective quotes have been chosen to help you open your mind to the possibility that the things you look at change when you change the way you look at them.
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
There are many ways to see the same situation. Two people can look at the same thing and see two totally different things. In any given moment, the perspective we choose affects, and oftentimes reflects, our outcomes.
The stance we take on life casts the reality we experience, and if we are aware of this, we can play a more proactive role in the richness of our lives.
After all…“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts. Click To Tweet
Perspective can either make your problems look bigger or your possibilities look infinite. Become aware of the varying points of view that exist within every realm of life. Where there’s an opportunity, don’t pass it by–and there’s an opportunity every day, somewhere.
Look for love in every situation.
Come to know yourself as the pure witness of the judgments rather than one who is judging.
As human beings, we have all the potential we need to perceive and derive positivity from every condition. We can broaden our understanding of the human experience—we can enrich our lives—by loosening our grip on the perspectives we’ve been owning.
To change (and enrich) anything at all we must first see the situation as it is, and not as we wish it to be. We must face ourselves with compassion, for our image of who we are is usually based not on who we actually are, but on how we see ourselves.
The world only changes when we change our perspective of the world.
Greet the following perspective quotes with an open mind, an open heart, and a willingness to see things differently. As A Course In Miracles teaches, a miracle is just a shift in perception from fear to love.
Perhaps it’s not a question of whether or not miracles really exist, but a question of whether or not you will allow yourself to perceive them. Don’t be afraid to question what you’ve always believed, to re-evaluate your views, to let go of any that aren’t serving a joyful state or peace of mind.
When we wander the world clinging to perceptions, allowing our perspective no room to breathe, we limit our experiences.
Let yourself breathe, move, shift, change, evolve, grow, and love.
25 Thought-Provoking Perspective Quotes
1. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
2. “There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.” – Aldous Huxley
3. “If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” – William Blake“What is behind your eyes holds more power than what is in front of them.” – Gary Zukav Click To Tweet
5. “Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain.” – Henry David Thoreau
6. “It is entirely possible that behind the perception of our senses, worlds are hidden of which we are unaware.” – Albert Einstein“Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into perspective.” – Anton Chekhov Click To Tweet
8. “Perspective is the way we see things when we look at them from a certain distance and it allows us to appreciate their value.” – Rafael E. Pino
9. “We must look at the lens through which we see the world, as well as the world we see, and that the lens itself shapes how we interpret the world.” – Stephen R. Covey
10. “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” – Albert Einstein“There are no facts, only interpretations.” – Friedrich Nietzsche Click To Tweet
12. “The measure of your success is a matter of perception. Are you perceiving things as they are or as you wish them to be? To know, notice your thoughts upon awaking each day. Are they happy thoughts or sad? Listen to their message.” – Tau Chuan Ling
13. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.” – Wayne Dyer“All spiritual practice is the art of shifting perspectives.” – Teal Click To Tweet
15. “Men are disturbed not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen.” – Epictetus
16. “Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.” – Hans Margolius“In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.” – Aaron Rose Click To Tweet
18. “Persons appear to us according to the light we throw upon them from our own minds.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
19. “I am still determined to be cheerful and to be happy in whatever situation. I may be, for I have also learnt from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not upon our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
20. “Your reality is as you perceive it to be. So, it is true, that by altering this perception we can alter our reality.” – William Constantine“Sometimes a change of perspective is all it takes to see the light.” – Dan Brown Click To Tweet
22. “I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may—light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful.” – John Constable
23. “As we abide in sleep, intuitively resonating with the sum of all our experiences—this life and beyond—we gain refreshing perspective on our efforts and have an opportunity to remember what we know.” – Henry Reed“If we don’t have a sense of humor, we lack a sense of perspective.” – Wayne Thiebaud Click To Tweet
25. “The moment you change your perception, is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body.” – Dr. Bruce H. Lipton
You may also enjoy this affirmation for changing your perspective.
- Which of these perspective quotes inspire you to think differently about the situation?
- Are you willing to change your mind?
- Are you willing to see things in a new light?
- When has a simple shift in perception changed everything for you?
Please share your thoughts, favorite perspective quotes, important lessons learned, or any inspiring stories with me in the comments.
Share these perspective quotes with someone you care about.
Your ability to shift perspectives is your power.