If your mom is amazing, I think you’re going to love this collection of Mother’s Day quotes, sprinkled with some heartwarming poetry. Every verse speaks of a mother’s undying love; they are love, just as a mother is.
“At the end of the day it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about what you’ve done with those accomplishments. It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.” – Denzel Washington
Trying to leave this place better than it was found is my mother’s specialty. Whether or not she believes it, I know it to be true. Everything good that I am, my mother helped me to be. Like the saying goes, life doesn’t come with a manual; it comes with a mother.
Love. There is no greater way I could describe my mother. I am an extension of her love. She is love, and she has brought so much love into even the darkest times of my life–she’s one (BIG) reason why I made it through those times at all.
Her strength never wavers; not even a stray tear or a hurt heart can stop her from being a light in my world. (Thank you, Mom.)
Mom, the older I grow, the more I seem to become your daughter in increasingly profound ways. You keep chaos organized, and greet darkness with the dawn. You’re the golden glue that holds the broken pieces together, making the whole that much more beautiful because you do.
The sacred bond of mother and child might be the greatest gift this world has to give. It’s a connection born of love, nurtured with patience, and strengthened with forgiveness. It’s a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous. It’s a love that came from love, and will never cease to be love.
For every mother who’s worthy of all the love a child can give: these Mother’s Day quotes and poems are merely a glimmer of light compared to yours. I hope they remind you how loved you are.
Heartwarming Mother’s Day Quotes, and a Few Lovely Poems
1. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” – Gail Tsukiyama
2. “The older I get, the more I see the power of that young woman, my mother.” – Sharon Olds
3. “A child is a gift of love; a mother is a lifetime of it.” – J. W.
5. “A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.” – Victoria Secunda
Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall:
A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.
— Oliver Wendell Holmes, A Mother’s Secret
7. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” – Jodi Picoult
8. “Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
9. “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life–without flinching or whining–the stronger the daughter.” – Anita Diamant, The Red Tent
11. “I’m blessed and I couldn’t be more grateful. Do you want to know why? Because I’m a mother, but that’s only half of it. I’m blessed because, when I need to, I can still just be a daughter. I get the feeling that there is nothing more precious than to have both of these roles, simultaneously.” – Adrianna Stepiano
12. “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
A mother gives her children
Stepping stones to the stars.
Her love is unconditional.
Her heart has no bars.
A mother teachers her children
To be confident and bold.
Her special love for her children
More valuable than silver or gold.
– Kathryn Ann, A Mother’s Love
14. “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
15. “All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
17. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
Hundreds of stars in the pretty sky;
Hundreds of shells on the shore together;
Hundreds of birds that go singing by;
Hundreds of bees in the sunny weather.
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn;
Hundreds of lambs in the purple clover;
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn;
But only one mother the wide world over.
– George Cooper, Only One Mother
19. “My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.” – Kristin Hannah
20. “And I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Mitch Albom
Please share your favorite Mother’s Day quotes or poems, and any inspiring stories of a mother’s love with me in the comments.
If you enjoyed any of these Mother’s Day quotes and poems, please share them with the wonderful women in your life.
Sooner or later, we all quote our mothers.