This is a Mother’s Day letter for the most amazing woman in my life, but feel free to share this with yours…
“You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool Mom.” – Anonymous
Motherhood is a phenomenon, a wonder to behold in this world. Motherhood is an experience of love and sometimes loss, of holding on and learning to let go, of teaching and learning. Motherhood is love.
Motherhood is not just having a home for her children to come back to, but being that home. Wherever her children may be, they are at home in her heart.
To be a mother means to love perfectly, without limit. Perfect love has no limits and knows nothing of time or distance.
A Mother’s Day Letter for My Mom…
You embody all of the qualities of motherhood that make life more beautiful and love more present.
You are selfless, giving without expecting. You are supportive of my dreams and my happiness. You offer forgiveness to those who need it most. You are understanding of mistakes. You are accepting of all and heartless to no one. You are an intelligent and strong woman, yet have always been a soft place to come home to.
You are the most influential woman in my life.
You work hard every day, and you can never truly know how much you have impacted others’ lives for the better, or how many lives have benefited from your existence.
I am proud, honored, and so grateful that you are my mother.
Here are ten of my favorite quotes about the love of a mother. Mom, these are for the days that are hard and for the times you feel like life needs a little more love in it. I hope you like them…
10 Quotes for Mother’s Day
1. “Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind.” ― Howard W. Hunter
2. “My mother is a walking miracle.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
3. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren“We are born of love; Love is our mother.” – Rumi Click To Tweet
5. “When I stopped seeing my mother with the eyes of a child, I saw the woman who helped me give birth to myself.” – Nancy Friday
6. “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” – Mildred B. Vermon
7. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Jewish proverb“For when a child is born the mother also is born again.” – Gilbert Parker Click To Tweet
9. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore’ de Balzac
10. “Mother is the one we count on for the things that matter most of all.” – Katherine Butler Hathaway
Happy Mother’s Day
Your children, wherever they are living, will always carry the perfect love of their mother. It is the one thing that we can all hold onto in this world and in the world beyond this one.
Thank you—you know, for everything.
Happy Mother’s Day, every day.
Please share your favorite Mother’s Day quotes and any loving thoughts or memories with me in the comments.
Feel free to share this Mother’s Day letter with your mom.
With so much love,