A meaningful life is not about being perfect, rich, or untouched by pain. It’s about being humble, kind, open, true to yourself, as loving as possible, as forgiving as possible, and being able to touch the lives of others. These meaningful life quotes portray this idea that a fulfilled and happy life comes from the way you choose to live every day.
“Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren’t any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn’t be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life’s challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
A meaningful life begins when we accept who we are, love who we are, and let that love linger in every relationship we experience, in every experience we encounter. You can do small things with big love. You can take small steps in the right direction, and you can learn to understand that perhaps there are no little things.
As Cheryl Richardson prompts, “What if the only resolution you made was to love yourself more?” No matter what your dreams are and no matter how you go about living a life of purpose, giving love to yourself is a powerful way to change your life for the better, and to positively affect the lives of those around you.
Love and nurture your inner world, and you love and nurture the whole world. Your freedom–to be creative, at peace, and happy–adds to the freedom of humankind. This freedom creates a meaningful life.
So, nurture your passions. Love the lifetime of learning that you’re granted. Become a positive force of good. Open your heart and contemplate new ideas, new perspectives, and new paths. Live deeply, for you need not fear the depths of living that you’re capable of reaching.
There is a depth of love that we’re all capable of touching, and when we do, our lives become rich with purpose and peace.
May these meaningful life quotes inspire you to begin the happy work of loving your life.
23 Meaningful Life Quotes
1. “Don’t wait for someday to start living because someday may never come. Make the choice right now to be happy and live life to the fullest.” – Robert Tew
2. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” – Bob Moawad
3. “How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” – Trina Paulus
4. “Look for a way to lift someone up. And if that’s all you do, that’s enough.” – Elizabeth Lesser
6. “Living a meaningful life isn’t just a matter of money; it’s about dedicating your life to helping others.” – Dalai Lama
7. “Gratitude is the single most important ingredient to living a successful and fulfilled life.” – Jack Canfield
8. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
9. “Living a meaningful life means allowing your actions and how you live your life on a daily basis to define you, not your problems, achievements or material possessions.” – Anne Hartley
11. “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” – T.D. Jakes
12. “To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, which most people are afraid of, because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions.” – Deepak Chopra
13. “Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.” – Christopher Reeve
14. “Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
16. “May you never be so busy looking for your pot of gold that you miss out on appreciating your rainbow.” – Karen Salmansohn
17. “When you commit yourself to living an extraordinary life, the universe accepts your deal and silently goes to work challenging you so that you’re always prepared for bigger challenges – and greater rewards.” – Mike Dillard
18. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
19. “To make profound changes in your life you need either inspiration or desperation.” – Tony Robbins
21. “Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is unique as is his specific opportunity to implement it.” – Viktor Frankl
22. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
23. “We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- Which of these meaningful life quotes speaks to you?
- Do you have any favorite quotes you would like to add to this list?
- What small step can you take today to love more and live more?
Please share your thoughts, life lessons, stories, and experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone you care about.
We’re not promised tomorrow, so what would you do with this one precious moment you’re guaranteed right now?
Ombre background by Angie Makes; lettering by Aim Happy.