If you feel like there’s no more hope left on this journey, these keep going quotes will inspire you to change the memory of the past and the confusion of the present into new hope for the future.
“So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it’s also the enemy of the realistic, the possible, and the fun.” – Rebecca Solnit
Occasionally, you’re going to feel lost, but if you’re here and you’re breathing, it’s still your turn and you still have a choice. The first step to getting anywhere is to decide you don’t want to stay where you are–I’m not necessarily referring to a physical location or a relationship, but maybe it’s a state of mind.
Like a gem cannot be polished without friction, miracles cannot appear without there first being a need for correction.
If you don’t know which direction is forward, consider this: You’re thinking too much. Focus on having fun and enjoying something about where you are. When you’re in the spirit of joy, you’ll attract the guidance you need. It’s not required that you struggle to overcome your obstacles, but that you remain willing to see things differently.
You’re allowed to change your mind, too, and your goals are allowed to evolve as you do. You might get knocked down, but your strength comes from lifting yourself back up and trying again, and maybe trying something new. Maybe if you look upon life as a journey, and people and circumstances as spiritual assignments, your obstacles will be transformed into adventures.
If you look upon these adventures with gratitude for where they’re leading you (wherever that may be), your burdens lighten–your troubles are now your guides, and your struggles become pathways to places worth going.
The message of these keep going quotes is to trust your path, because your journey is a lesson in trust.
The beginning of a new journey might be the hardest, but if you approach your beginnings with hope and love, that’s what they’ll keep giving you more of. Approach your middles with forgiveness, and the mess will inspire renewed faith in the unknown.
The point is that we can release the grip of the past through forgiveness and a willingness to learn its lessons, so we can take another step forward. If you feel the call to let go of what’s holding you back from forward movement, remember that starting over is really a continuation, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Life is a continual process of starting over, of being made new.
May these keep going quotes remind you that your dreams have more weight than your circumstances, because your circumstances are alterable and your dreams have no expiration date.
30 Keep Going Quotes to Instill Renewed Hope
1. “We all want things to stay the same. Settle for living in misery because we are afraid of change, of things crumbling to ruins. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
2. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
3. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. When there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
5. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.”– William J. Brennan, Jr.
7. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”– Haruki Murakami
9. “I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.” – Neila Rey
10. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”– Maya Angelou
11. “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” – Randy Pausch
13. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
14. “There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet.”– William Frederick Halsey, Jr.
15. “You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going.” – Morgan Wootten
17. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Henry David Thoreau
18. “Life should be touched, not strangled. You’ve got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others move forward with it.” – Ray Bradbury
19 .“We can design our life agendas so that our daily planner is no longer the object of resentment but, rather, a thing of beauty: a stunning log of our enjoyment of life and progress toward freedom and transcendence.” – Brendon Burchard
21. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing the monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C.S. Lewis
22. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
23. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” – Denis Waitley
25. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we are curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
26. “Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward.” – Maxwell Maltz
27. “Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.” – Unknown
29. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
30. “The one law that does not change is that everything changes, and the hardship I was bearing today was only a breath away from the pleasures I would have tomorrow, and those pleasures would be all the richer because of the memories of this I was enduring.” – Louis L’Amour
Please share your own favorite keep going quotes, any positive practices that keep you motivated, words of encouragement that give you hope, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share this post with someone who may need some support.
When you’re challenged to keep going with faith, consider this thought: There are better things ahead that you’re meant to experience. There are places you’re meant to go, and you don’t need to see the destination to know it’s the path for you. The path you take is the path for you.