Though the language of this metaphysical text can sometimes be overwhelming, there’s a profoundly simply underlying message that speaks to all: That message is peace and love through forgiveness. These quotes about love form a small sampling of that message.
“Every loving thought is true. Everything else is an appeal for healing and help, regardless of the form it takes.” – A Course in Miracles
I highly recommend this book to anyone seeking positive growth in their life, whether or not they follow religious or spiritual guidelines.
The focus of A Course in Miracles is on healing our perception that we are separate from each other. This “insane” perception is regarded as the root cause of all pain, and the moment we shift that perception to a loving one is what the Course calls a miracle.
Lessons that Love Would Teach
The Course teaches that only love exists, and fear is just nothing. Yet, for learning purposes, we could consider that, if fear was truly real and it was to be compared to love, it would be located at the opposite end of the spectrum.
All pain springs from the well of fear. All happiness is an extension of love.“No one who lives in fear is really alive.” – A Course in Miracles Click To Tweet
A Course in Miracles teaches that “The mind that accepts attack cannot love.” We cannot be loving when we’re offending or defending, because by doing so we’re placing meaning in fear, and that means we believe love isn’t near.
When we seek love for any purpose other than love itself (such as for the purposes of gain), we won’t find it.
As Marianne Williamson, beloved teacher of the Course and its principles, says, “Light is to darkness what love is to fear; in the presence of one, the other disappears.”
And as the Course itself says, “For if love is sharing, how can you find it except through itself? Offer it and it will come to you, because it is drawn to itself. But offer attack and love will remain hidden, for it can live only in peace.”
Here are seven quotes about love from the Course that continue to inspire love in my daily experiences.
7 Inspiring Quotes about Love from A Course in Miracles
1. “Love does not conquer all things, but it does set all things right.” – A Course in Miracles
2. “Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love.” – A Course in Miracles
3. “Teach only love, for that is what you are.” – A Course in Miracles
4. “To create is to love. Love extends outward simply because it cannot be contained. Being limitless it does not stop. It creates forever, but not in time.” – A Course in Miracles
5. “Love waits on welcome, not on time.” – A Course in Miracles
6. “Love always leads to love.” – A Course in Miracles
7. “When you want only love you will see nothing else.” – A Course in Miracles
Love Grows When Shared
If you want more loving experiences in your life, seek only to share love. Be loving toward yourself and recognize that you are a teacher of love’s principles. Being such, you can give away your teachings with ease, because it is who you are.
Trust that you will learn by teaching, and you will only receive the love you seek by giving it first.When we shift our perceptions about what love means, we learn that to give is to receive. Click To Tweet
We don’t lose anything by loving others, just as a candle that shares its light doesn’t lose its flame—we receive the love we give. We must be willing to change our minds about how we’ve always viewed the workings of the universe, and how the light we seek comes from within and grows when given away.
The moment we change our perception of anything, from a fearful one to a more loving one, that is our miracle.
The only distance between us and heaven, then, is our perception. Our personal heaven and our happiness merely awaits our acceptance because it is not a place but a state of being; time has no meaning concerning love. We can go back to love in a moment.
A Course in Miracles teaches this as the ultimate lesson in love:
Believe this and you will be free:
- Perfect love casts out fear.
- If fear exists,
- Then there is not perfect love.
- Only perfect love exists.
- If there is fear,
- It produces a state that does not exist.
- How can you love yourself a little more fully, and others more deeply today?
- When has forgiveness given you peace in the place of suffering?
- Are you a student of the Course; if so, do you have any favorite teachings?
Please share your loving thoughts, favorite quotes about love from the Course, healing insights, lessons in love, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these quotes about love with someone who might appreciate the message.
Let your faith in love be bigger than your belief in separation.