“I am” statements formulate, affirm, and perpetuate the stories we tell ourselves—stories about who we are, who we can be, what we can do, and what we can create. A new “I am” statement can really turn things around. Use your favorite I Am affirmations from this collection to rewrite the stories that don’t serve your growth and awaken dormant potential.
“The deeper I am, / The deeper I Am.” — Jennifer Williamson, An Appreciation Poem
Just thinking about some of the stories I’ve been repeating to myself (for most of my adult life) makes me wonder about how much different my life could be if I trained myself to think differently. So, that’s what I started doing a few years ago. I like the results so far.
If we tell ourselves the same story for long enough, it’s likely that story will become true for us. We believe in the thoughts we repeat over and over again, especially those we repeat with conviction.
That consistency of conviction is what really charts the course.
I chose the following I Am affirmations mostly from posts I’ve already written on those particular topics. (The links each go to their respective affirmations so you can surround yourself with similar thoughts and deepen your conviction.) Some of these I Am affirmations are new. They are each powerful if you repeat them enough to absorb their messages into your daily life—if you live by them.
I also chose the topics of abundance, purpose, and healing because each realm represents a change we want to make. We don’t just want something different for ourselves; we want something better.
The more supportive the stories we walk around telling ourselves, the more supported we feel in our transitions. The more supported we feel, the more we begin to act like life is on our side. Then, we recognize all the ways life is on our side.
9 I Am Affirmations: Abundance
- I am full of life and filled with gratitude. (From these affirmations for finding beauty.)
- I am ever-expanding yet whole; wise enough to know that there is plenty left to learn; humble and happy as I grow.
- I am grateful.
- I am devoted to uncovering the gems that are already here. (Inspired by this affirmation.)
- I am enough and I have enough. (From these abundance affirmations.)
- I am a magnet for the experiences I most desire.
- I am grateful for every gift that I’ve been given, have now, and have yet to receive. (One of these 100 positive affirmations.)
- I am an alchemist. (This could also be a great affirmation for healing and change in general.)
- I am worthy enough to tune into the abundant nature of who I can be and what I can create.
9 I Am Affirmations: Purpose
- I am a living, breathing example of the kind of world I want to live in. (From these affirmations for peace.)
- I am a powerful force for good in the world. (From these festive affirmations.)
- I am on the right path. (One of my new year affirmations.)
- I am worthy of all things wonderful. (From these daily affirmations.)
- I am being guided to what’s best for me and everyone else.
- I am powerful enough to live in accordance with my own values, desire, and truths.
- I am in the exact place I need to be to get to where I want to be.
- I am intentionally promoting a life filled with joy. (From these summer affirmations.)
- I am a firm believer in my ideas.
9 I Am Affirmations: Healing
- I am a survivor.
- I am always healing, and never alone. (From these grief affirmations.)
- I am willing to see things differently, even if I’m not ready to.
- I am learning to let go of fear.
- I am learning to respect the process when I do not understand it.
- I am allowed to feel good about myself.
- I am not the negative thoughts I think.
- I am ready to release the stories in my head and forgive myself for believing everything my inner critic has ever said. (From these affirmations for healing your body.)
- I am willing to see the truth about myself, no matter how beautiful it is.
- What’s one story you’re telling yourself that you’d like to change this month?
- What’s the new story you’d like to tell yourself?
Please share your favorite I Am affirmations, old stories you’re rewriting, new stories you’re telling, and any stories of transformation (maybe even a miracle) with me in the comments.
Share these I Am affirmations with someone who is worthy of something better.
Only tell yourself the things you want to come true.