Not a cure-all for the struggles of being human, but an ode to the light that burns inside: these happy thoughts are of the healing kind. If suffering (from overwhelm, heartache, a painful point of view), I offer you space here to breathe. If a miracle sounds more like a fairytale than reality, such a healing thought it can be, that all that’s required for a miracle to happen is a little space. A little space for transformation inside (in your perception, maybe) is perfect grounds for a miracle; the shift is the miracle. I hope you find a bit of that here.
“You will know you made the right decision; you feel the stress leaving your body, your mind, your life.” – Brigitte Nicole
Life is beautiful, and good, and worthwhile, so long as we believe it is—the kind of belief that has sunk into our bones, that has come from our soul instead of our past experiences.
Heck, life is a miracle no matter what we think about it, but we can’t really feel that, we can’t really know it as being true, unless we dig into our own truths a little bit. The trick is to strengthen that belief, to make it a foundation that all other beliefs are built on. Then we will see what’s real, and what has been a lie.
The miracle is that we can strengthen and build upon this belief whenever we choose; there is no wrong time, no “too late” and nothing more powerful than your ability to choose one thought over another. This is (all of it) a practice, and you are worthy of the hope that life will be beautiful again; still.
When being alive on earth doesn’t feel miraculous, we still have a chance to enjoy it, or at least to allow it. It is still our chance to know what it’s like to experience spirit in matter. We still have a chance to reorient our thoughts, and to see what potential grows from that new place.“But there’s a whole world waiting, still, and there are good things in it.” – Lois Lowry Click To Tweet
While I write about healing matters, in no way do I claim to be wiser, higher, better, or immune to the darkness that makes healing necessary; I write because I crave healing, too, and I love it. I know there is a better way, and I, too, intend to walk that way to the best of my ability (and to forgive whatever doesn’t fall under the category of “best.”). I’m learning as I heal, and healing as I share the whispers of my soul.
I try to follow the sage wisdom I find so close to my heart, something the Dalai Lama uttered: “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.”
These happy thoughts are written with love, and guided by hope. I know what the light feels like, too, and that’s what these sentiments associate with.
My wish for this list is that you find just one healing cue that resonates with you. Maybe not all of these happy thoughts will speak to the way you are suffering right now, but perhaps something will speak up inside you. I honor that light in you which is also in me.
30 Happy Thoughts to Think to Yourself During Seasons of Suffering, Doubt, and Overwhelm
1. This too shall pass. Even this will turn into something else, dissolve, evolve. Especially this.
2. I am more than what’s happening right now, and I’m even more than the thoughts that happen to occur. I am not all of the “objects” I see; I am the one who sees.
3. I can always change my mind. I am always granted this capacity; I was born with this eternally-giving gift of “something new.”
4. I am not alone. Someone understands. There is guidance. I don’t have to do life all by myself.
5. There is a better way, and I affirm that this season of my life, too, is part of the path home.
6. How can I give myself a little love right now?If you can't take it anymore, it's time to give. Click To Tweet
7. We are all here, together, under the same sky. We have all known pain, and peace too. We have all made mistakes, and are reminded that forgiveness is the way.
8. My desires (to feel differently, do differently, be differently) aren’t there on accident; they point to what’s possible for me. I am connected, like an invisible cord, to the fulfillment of all the desires that come through me.
9. I am worthy of receiving what my heart is drawn to. If I can be still enough (and I can be), I can honor my worthiness to receive what I need.
10. I can overcome any internal resistance with enough hope, courageous presence, and love.
11. I can overcome any external resistance with enough hope, courageous presence, and love.
12. My purpose and worth—the inherent qualities of the soul—live within, and the outside world cannot touch that kind of light.'Should' turns pain to suffering. Examine every should: What is its origin? How can it soften? Click To Tweet
13. If I surrender what I can’t control, there is space for me to expand without expending all my energy.
14. There is no one standard of beauty, no one standard of success, to live by. I live in accordance with my own values, desires, and truths.
15. I am enough. I really am enough.
16. In the middle of everything, gratitude sows seeds of stillness.
17. I don’t need to hurry along my healing. I can try allowing instead. I am willing to allow healing to happen for my highest good, and for the highest good of all that I love.
18. Rising above the debris even while the storm rages on is possible, because it’s in my nature.We must change our energy to change our lives. – Panache Desai Click To Tweet
19. The world doesn’t need me to be perfect; the world just needs my whole presence.
20. It’s hard to see the whole path when I’m still walking it; I can’t connect the dots looking forward. I don’t know the whole story yet. This is why I must trust the process while I’m living it.
21. On the spiritual plane, which fuels all that is, there is enough to “go around.” At this level, there is no distinction between beginnings and endings; there is only a continuation, an expansion of potentiality. I’m connected to this divine supply; all I must do is refocus on anything that feels like love.
22. The past doesn’t determine my future; the present is my point of power.
23. I don’t have to figure everything out, and certainly not all at once. I have the freedom to do my best, and to forgive the rest.
24. When I fight the good fight, I promote fighting: my life feels like war. When I promote peace, I am peaceful: my life feels harmonious.Resistance fuels what we are resisting. Promotion fuels what we are promoting. Click To Tweet
25. Life chooses no sides, operates with no hidden motives, and has no opposite. Life is not just happening to me, and it’s not even just happening for me; life is happening through me.
26. There is hope even for those of us who sometimes feel hopeless.
27. A little appreciation—just for one thing in my life that’s working, or is beautiful, or worthwhile, or simple—goes a long, long way.
28. I don’t have to dismiss the darkness if I want to experience the light; there are gifts buried in both.
29. Abundance, truly, is tethered to my innate capacity to fully experience life: all sides and views, the heights and the depths.
30. Ultimately, only love endures.
Please share what happy thoughts resonated most with you right now, your own healing words of encouragement, how you stay connected to the light (whatever that means for you) during darker times, and any hopeful stories of a shift with me in the comments.
Send the light further; share these happy thoughts with another soul, worthy of what’s beyond the struggle.
How can you allow, let things be, let things come through; and what feels like love?