By “big happiness,” I mean more joyful experiences on a consistent basis and a more deeply woven sense of internal peace. These gratitude affirmations are easy to practice and capable of changing your perspective to one that’s better able to see the light. Practice your favorite today.
“Joy attracts more joy. Happiness attracts more happiness. Peace attracts more peace. GRATITUDE attracts more GRATITUDE. Kindness attracts more kindness. Love attracts more love. Your job is an inside one. To change your world, all you have to do is change the way you feel inside. How easy is that?” – Rhonda Byrne
Expressing thanks can be one of the simplest ways to feel better–though, to be honest, simple isn’t always easy.
I’ve certainly experienced the power of gratitude in my own life, and there are many well-respected teachers and leaders across the globe who have, too. Gratitude uplifts the spirit and stokes the joy inside. A grateful attitude can attract more to be grateful for.
An appreciation for the fullness of life–the good times and the tough times, and everything in between–delivers peace to our mind and hope to our hearts.
Repeating affirmations is a simple practice, but the energy behind the words must be genuine and deeply felt in order for the affirmations to work miracles. Since miracles are “just” a shift in perception (which is everything), each simple shift in consciousness to gratitude is a miraculous transformation.
Our entire world as we see it (through the lens of perception) is cast in a new light when we release any resistance to what is and opt for grateful acknowledgment–of both our blessings and our sometimes-painful lessons.
Life responds not to what we want, but to what we ARE. Practicing affirmations is a way to have what we want now by giving out the energy in which we most want to live; we must first give that which we wish to receive. We must BE the source of life we want to experience.
Practicing gratitude sends the signal that we honor the gift of life right now, and thus we attract to us more gifts we can be grateful for. When we approach life with gratitude, life responds with a deeper experience of that initial appreciation.
Practice these gratitude affirmations–whichever ones and whichever variations speak to you–daily, with sincerity and an open mind, for big happiness right here in this very moment.
20 Gratitude Affirmations for Greater Joy & Peace of Mind
1. I appreciate the good things I’ve experienced and I’m willing to appreciate the hard lessons I’m still learning.
2. I am eternally grateful for the love I have given and the love I have received. It’s what matters most.
3. I can be grateful again. I can be at peace again.
4. I give thanks for the helpful guides that I don’t always see. They usher me along my path to living an honest and happy life.
5. I am grateful now, and I keep the door open for more blessings.
6. My obstacles are opportunities for growth and I am thankful for the chance to evolve.
7. I choose thankful thoughts. They guide me back to joy.
8. Blessings are coming to me because I acknowledge my blessings.
9. I see everything with gratitude today. Whatever I see, I know that the universe is supporting my highest good.
10. I nurture my thanksgiving today. It survives because I am willing to keep it alive.
11. This feeling of gratefulness opens my life up to limitless abundance. I feel the whole universe in my heart.
12. I’m willing to see beauty where others see nothing. I’m willing to uncover the treasure in the ruin and the diamonds in the dirt. For the diamonds and the dirt, I am thankful.
13. For each experience in my life, I give thanks. For each person who taught me about who I am and who I’m not, I give thanks.
14. I am thankful for the light of the morning, for the chances I’m given today, and for the light I’m able to send into the world.
15. My thanksgiving extends far beyond my thoughts.
16. I accept my blessings and I accept my burdens, and so I transform my burdens into my blessings.
17. I fully accept the happiness that would surface in my life. I partner with peace today so that love can reign again.
18. I give thanks for the blessings and possibilities that have yet to manifest in my life.
19. I choose peace. I choose joy. I choose to trust in gratitude that my life is exactly as it’s meant to be.
20. My gratitude is unconditional.
If you’d like more gratitude affirmations and prompts, or just a little more inspiration, I think you’ll enjoy this expanding collection of articles on gratitude.
- Which of these gratitude affirmations do you like most?
- Which are you repeating today, this week, or this month?
- What words, phrases, thoughts, or reminders help you to remember your blessings and appreciate your lessons?
Please share your grateful thoughts, favorite affirmations, lessons learned, and any experiences with me in the comments.
Share these gratitude affirmations with someone who has a lot to be thankful for.
Your gratefulness will change everything.