Every moment you’re faced with a decision: to be happy now, or to wait. Acknowledging this choice frees you from yesterday and tomorrow. These freedom quotes are directly involved with the freedom to feel and live genuinely, to be openly and honestly yourself, with nothing tethering you to anything that would limit your love or happiness.
“I have discovered that all the unhappiness of men arises from one single fact, that they cannot stay quietly in their own room.” – Blaise Pascal
When you prioritize personal freedom, life becomes easier, happier, and more accommodating.
Indeed, a large part of happiness is the freedom from worry about the what-ifs and should-haves of life. This freedom involves a deep love of life, self-expression untethered to the judgments of others, and a calmness in the heart that begets forgiveness and peaceful affairs.
To attain personal freedom is to acquire the ability to stay quietly in your own room, the space within, even amidst chaos–in gratitude for the opportunities life has granted you.
You are blessed with the freedom to focus more intently on what is really important to you–it’s the freedom to follow the quiet guidance of your heart, to sit there from time to time, and to lead from that place of love and trust.
May these freedom quotes inspire you to let go of your limitations, worry and doubt, and be free from the heaviness of this world. May these words encourage you to free yourself from what happened yesterday and what may happen tomorrow.
It’s when you release negativity’s grip that you can embrace more positive opportunities for living a happy, fulfilled, and free life.
30 Freedom Quotes to Spur the Soul
1. “True freedom is an inward state of being. Once it is attained, no situation in the world can bind one or limit one’s freedom.” – Jack Canfield
2. “The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are.” – Jim Morrison
3. “Freedom requires responsibility to choose who we are above and beyond our immediate impulses, needs, and social pressures.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
5. “Sometimes what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.” – Unknown
6. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” – Mahatma Ghandi
7. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
9. “All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man’s life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom.” – Albert Einstein
10. “You belong somewhere you feel free.” – Tom Petty
11. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
13. “The ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us.” – Stephen Covey
14. “I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “And so at the base of all of our desires is the greater desire for freedom to choose and actualize that desire.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
17. “The moment you can visualize being free from the things that hold you back you have indeed begun to set yourself free.” – Unknown
18. “The great efforts to move our lives forward always come down to a new moment when we interrupt our fear and activate our freedom by choosing how to feel, interpret, and direct our lives.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
19. “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.” – Jim Morrison
21. “I used to spend so much time reacting and responding to everyone else that my life had no direction. Other people’s lives, problems, and wants set the course for my life. Once I realized it was okay for me to think about and identify what I wanted, remarkable things began to take place in my life.” – Melody Beattie
22. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” – Rumi
23. “The amount of happiness that you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
25. “You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.” – Philip Arnold
26. “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You’re able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment.” – Ralph Marston
27. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” – Lewis B. Smedes
29. “Most of us can only influence small-scale things – but this is no limitation. One deed inspires another.” – Christopher Day
30. “The greatest of human freedoms is the ability to choose, at any moment, the palette of our emotional sky. We alone activate the very energy and emotion through which we experience life. If we wish to feel joy and gratitude in our lives, then we must direct our beliefs and behaviors in order to accomplish that end. And we must do it constantly, with such force and repetition that those emotions become the hues of our daily attitude. This is not easy work, but let it be our mission.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
You may also enjoy this affirmation for personal freedom.
- What does freedom mean to you?
- When do you feel most free?
- How would you describe the feeling of being truly and wholly free?
- Are you willing to let go of expectations and limiting beliefs so that you can be who you really are?
Please share your own quotes, thoughts, definitions, or experiences with me in the comments.
Share these quotes with someone who could use a little inspiration.
Free yourself to forgive, to love, to be happy, to be at peace. Allow yourself the freedom to experience the good things that light you up.