There is music for us everywhere, if we listen, beauty tucked away in the nooks and crannies of daily life—we can find it, if we’re willing to pause, and see. These summer quotes are truly about enjoying the season we’re in, making the most of the moment we’re breathing, and living the entirety of what life has to offer over the next few months.
This season is enough.
For some reason, summertime makes me realize how small my problems are. Maybe it’s the depth of the bright blue sky or the rich green textures of the landscape. It could be the contrast of the quiet waters and the lively boats sailing across them. The days are long, the nights short, and the air seems full of energy.
Summertime is more than a combination of particularly warm and sunny weather patterns; it’s a state of mind, a season of our lives, another way of looking at things, and a time for adventure, discovery, wonder, and curiosity.
Maybe if we paused often and were able to find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life would be a lot easier. The living would be easy if we kept the spirit of summertime alive in our hearts, if we vowed to carve our blessings in stone and write our troubles in the sand.If everyone should believe in something, then I believe I should enjoy this season of my life. Click To Tweet
The summer quotes I selected for today reflect that sparkling spirit of the season.
Each moment carries with it its own “otherworldly” gifts, like a cool breeze carries the scent of salt water to remind us that we’re close to the ocean; even if we can’t see it with our own two eyes and feel it under our feet, we know there’s a world waiting for us.
I hope these next few months carry with them infinite moments of joy. I hope this season soothes your soul with new thoughts and new energy. I sincerely hope that, of all the paths you take in life, a few of them convince you to take your shoes off.
May we all learn to trust that each moment is as it should be and that this season of our lives is waiting to be graced with our presence. In other words, live all the moments of your day, and all the days of your life, because this moment is your life, and I do believe we’re here to enjoy it.
Enjoy these summer quotes, and enjoy your life.
30 Summer Quotes to Encourage You to Enjoy the Gifts of the Season
1. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?” – John Steinbeck
2. “Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” – Rachel Carson
3. “I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, watching a sunset, the smell of rain and starry nights.” – Brooke Hampton
4. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” – Bob GoffWe are only ever safe in the rhythm and flow of ever-changing life. – Jennifer Williamson Click To Tweet
6. “Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for.” – Unknown
7. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky is by no means a waste of time.” – John Lubbock
8. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, Drink the wild air’s salubrity.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Merlin’s Song
9. “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” – Robert Henri
10. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.” – Wyland“There shall be an eternal summer in the grateful heart.” – Celia Thaxter Click To Tweet
12. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru, as quoted in Building A Life Of Value
13. “One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.” – Edith Wharton
14. “If we attract what we focus on most intently, I do believe I’ll keep focusing on how summer feels inside my heart.” – Jennifer Williamson“Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliot Click To Tweet
16. “The cure for anything is salt water — sweat, tears, or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
17. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
18. “The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.” – William C. Hannan“A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.” – Saint Francis of Assisi Click To Tweet
20. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” – John Lennon
21. “I just don’t think I’m looking for the big moments in life anymore. It’s more the simple ones that make for a beautiful day now. Like the sun rising and the moon dancing and the wind singing and the leaves grooving, and kids laughing and music playing, butterflies twirling, heart-smiles staying… and me being present to witness all these little beautiful things. This is what makes for a happy and peaceful life, I’m sure.” – S. C. Laurie“Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun.” – Randy Pausch Click To Tweet
23. “Laughter is the fireworks of the soul.” – Josh Billings
24. “The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides, and in its depths it has its pearls too.” – Vincent van Gogh
25. “Enlightenment for a wave in the ocean is the moment the wave realizes that it is the ocean.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
26. “To sit in silence at the shore, watch the waves and hear the surf, is to appreciate the very breath and heartbeat of the earth.” – Doe Zantamata“Nature has much to teach us about fluidity and transformation.” – Carl Greer Click To Tweet
28. “The feeling state of summertime is a sweet serendipity: finding something beautiful without striving or struggling to find it.” – Jennifer Williamson
29. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Unknown
30. “The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence. We were born to live my dear, not to merely exist.” – Becca Lee
Please share your favorite summer quotes, what you love about summer, how you plan to enjoy the little things, and any stories with me in the comments.
Share these summer quotes with someone who would truly enjoy them.
Peace, love, and pineapples.